Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Exclamation How to add a top

Hi, I had a cheapo plastic cd\dvd\vhstape holder as pictured in the first attachment and decided to weld up a replacement. The 2d and 3d attachment show the result. Unfortunately I stupidly neglected to consider that the height of the tapes go above where I ended the angle iron! http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...milies/eek.gif
    Any suggestions on how to add height and a top before I spray paint this thing? Thanks..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe in NY

Clarke 131E Arc Welder
    HF 4x6 bandsaw
    Hitachi 4.5" Grinder
    Craftsman Air Compressor

One of the wonders of steel, is that it will sometimes allow you to hide your sins.
    Add some short peices of anle to the top of what you have and there is your extra height.
    Weld tabs to them and put on wood top.
    Jeff

That sounds like a good plan, thanks.
    Joe in NY

Clarke 131E Arc Welder
    HF 4x6 bandsaw
    Hitachi 4.5" Grinder
    Craftsman Air Compressor

Thumbs up

Steel is the most forgiving! Wish girls were too! You can screw up, weld, grind, heat and bend, paint, and still no one will know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Quote Originally Posted by lanceman73 View Post
    Steel is the most forgiving! Wish girls were too! You can screw up, weld, grind, heat and bend, paint, and still no one will know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hear you lanceman. Luckily for me my wife is supportive of my hobby welding. I'll post pics when I get this done but I have 3 projects going and need to get more steel to get them done.
    Joe in NY

Clarke 131E Arc Welder
    HF 4x6 bandsaw
    Hitachi 4.5" Grinder
    Craftsman Air Compressor