Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a TB 302 with a High-Freq box. I regularly weld 16 ga. aluminum with it and it does fine (AC, 3/32" pure tungsten). Of course, that was nice clean metal not pipe...I wish I had AC balance sometimes though...

Guys.

Please read the original posting.

1/32" or less. That's less than 22 ga. material. Material is not new, it's been in the weather.

The guy who can weld that stuff with a TB and a HF251 unit would think welding two soda cans together with a Dynasty 200 was a day in the park.

Unless I miss my guess, it will require lower freq and pulsing to get a weld that will hold. Last time I checked, a TB didn't have that capability.

Just my .02

Sundown:
    You are right I talked to Miller today and they said that the HF Might do it but that it was a big MIGHT because of the pipe being out in the weather and that the pipe was not the best grade of alum. Miller told me the Dynasty 200 DX would do it old pipe or new that the 200 had a lot more adjustment to it than anything else and it would take care of the job.Now if I can just find $2600.
    Thanks again guys for all the coments and help.
    Lefty Lycas
    Trailblazer 302

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    Guys.

Please read the original posting.

1/32" or less. That's less than 22 ga. material. Material is not new, it's been in the weather.

The guy who can weld that stuff with a TB and a HF251 unit would think welding two soda cans together with a Dynasty 200 was a day in the park.

Unless I miss my guess, it will require lower freq and pulsing to get a weld that will hold. Last time I checked, a TB didn't have that capability.

Just my .02

Wow 16 ga. isn't 1/32"! Since I appear to be the only one (to post) with this setup that he was asking about (in the original post ), I thought he might like a comparison of what I have done. I have never done something that thin and I don't think it could do it. I would go with a nice little inverter, there isn't enough adjustment with the TB and a HF251, all you can adjust is the high-freq intensity...