Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowplow reface

Cool Snowplow reface

I just got in a Meyers snowplow that needs refaced. As soon as i get the sheet rolled i will put up some pics...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

One plow i,m not a big fan of.Nevertheless good luck with your project.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

I presume you are going to get it over rolled a touch so it will need to be pulled in tight?
    Jeff

Cool

Yup i will be working my magic in the rolls. I will make it in 2 pcs so i can roll it rather then bend it in the press brake since its 91" wide...Bob

That's what I thought. I've never done a snowplow, but I've done several D9 Cat dozers. they are rolled to a smaller radius then tacked on the bottom and run up on something solid and tacked on top befroe welding out.
    I was curious to see if the same method was applied to the plow.
    Jeff

Did it from a flat sheet, rolled it on in place. Look at the last pic, blow some holes in the angles to let the water drain out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Sberry

nice job.
    aametalmaster, how is yours comming along ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I shouldnt have hijacked Bob's thread. He is or probably will be aware of the drain hole problem, its an easy fix with the skin off.
    I will agree about the old Meyers, I got mine for free and thats about what its worth. One major big pain in the azz.
    I didnt have the sheet rolled, did it on the frame with a couple clamps.
    Last edited by Sberry; 07-28-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Cool

No prob on the hijacking thats how we all learn. I guess .080 ish steel can be bent around pretty easy sure better than 3/16" plate from the old days. This plow is only 2 years old and took a beating last winter plus the salt eating at it. The only thing i did so far is order the steel and price a new cutting edge, his is broke but i would use it like that if it was mine it won't hurt a thing unless it falls apart on a big job so i guess a new one would be a good idea...Bob.

so when you guys get the pieces rolled or braked... how do you figure out the radius if youre sending it out to have it done else where, when you cant slowly get the radius you need.