Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

If I was gonna ask for a feature or two on my Dynasty 200 DX it would be a sine wave setting and a few more max amps on the higher input voltages. Other than that it could use loosing a few more lbs still....it ain't that light yuh know

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

While i find the different wave shapes interesting, i don't know what to do with them. Can you explain?
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Laiky:
    The wave form shaping is basically able to change the cleaning action on AC. It does this by changing how much of the Wave form is above or below the sine wave center line by percentage. If it is too high then it is going into the torch and burning up the tungsten or on the other side it is going to be very dirty and porous looking. I have welded some really ugly Aluminum and had little issue by turning the balance and float the crap to the top then rebrush it with a wheel and do another pass with less filler to clean it up to a nice ripple so its pretty like everyone likes.

Peace,

Quote Originally Posted by Laiky View Post
    While i find the different wave shapes interesting, i don't know what to do with them. Can you explain?
    There are just certain characteristics to a plain old transformer style sine wave as opposed to a square wave that I like
    I have an old machine that welds very good on aluminum and is much more forgiving than my Dynasty.
    Some of the inverters made overseas offer this feature and I hear people saying they use it...I know I would.
    I have a VERY talented young man working for me now and I can't hardly keep him off of the old Airco....heck, it's 10 years older than he is!!
    You can set the hz on 60 and the balance on 50% but it still is not the same

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

can a miller reap step in and clarify if and when a new dynasty machine will be released??? I was planning on purchasing a dynasty 200 dx but may wait if they relase one with more amps .

Quote Originally Posted by blaznhot_23 View Post
    can a miller reap step in and clarify if and when a new dynasty machine will be released??? I was planning on purchasing a dynasty 200 dx but may wait if they relase one with more amps .
    No way.

It screws the Distributors for exactly the reason you stated- you'd buy the newest version and they are stuck with "Old" stock.

Same thing happened with the release of the Passport Plus.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    There are just certain characteristics to a plain old transformer style sine wave as opposed to a square wave that I like
    I have an old machine that welds very good on aluminum and is much more forgiving than my Dynasty.
    Some of the inverters made overseas offer this feature and I hear people saying they use it...I know I would.
    I have a VERY talented young man working for me now and I can't hardly keep him off of the old Airco....heck, it's 10 years older than he is!!
    You can set the hz on 60 and the balance on 50% but it still is not the same
    I "think" i know what you are refering to. I got to use an old L-Tec and it was very different than the sync 250 and the dyn 200 on aluminum. It seemed to push the puddle, i would swear it made the puddle bowl shaped. Overall i found it harder to use, but it seemed to penetrate more. At least that was my impression. Have others had this experience? or am i crazy?
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    No way.

It screws the Distributors for exactly the reason you stated- you'd buy the newest version and they are stuck with "Old" stock.

Same thing happened with the release of the Passport Plus.
    then what do you do??? blow your money on the current dynasty 200 dx and hope nothing comes out anytime soon or wait???

I hope they come out with a new one and for the folks that just have to have the latest and greatest maybe I'll be able to pick up a 200dx cheap[fingers crossed].

Answer to AC Waveform question:

http://millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AD5-0.pdf