Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laiky View Post
    It seems downright silly to add a significant new feature like waveforms, then make it a hidden menu, and still sell it as the same machine?? Call it the Dynasty 201DX or 200DXa. If i were to go buy one, and i might, i would want to be sure i got the one i wanted.
    Miller has always made minor changes to their equipment and still kept the same model #. I think the stock # might be different. This is one of those deals where you'll have to read the manual and check the serial # ranges to find out what features are included or not included.

If they made a different model designation for their welders, we'd see 3-4 different version of Syncrowave 250, Millermatic 200, etc.,
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Thermal Arc 400 MST
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

They also make a millermatic 212, and 252 vs the 210, and 251. It's of course up to Miller, but if i were purchasing now, i would want to be sure i was getting the better arc starter and multiple wave forms. If i walked into my LWS and didn't know better i may not get the better machine. Most won't even know its available with the new features. I was anticipating upgrading, but i don't think i would for the same power output. Too bad, i wanted a new toy and my buddy was eyeing up mine. I also don't understand why they wouldn't have a button for the waveforms?? i bet a number of inexperienced buyers will forget they have the feature!
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

i bet a number of inexperienced buyers will forget they have the feature!
    i suspect they would not know the difference even if they did remember they had the option.
    for a long time now many have remarked the arc on the Dyn300 & 350 was night and day better than the Dyn200. making a change to bring the 200 up to the 350's arc standard is a good thing and may still be worth looking at upgrading, try it you may decide its well worth the change/upgrade. on the brighter side, if they did not call it an upgraded version ( like the dyn201DX)i suspect it has not caused a large increase in price that often fallows a new model.

still a bummer no 250 was in the works, but sweetening up the arc is always a welcome addition.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

James, you make a good point about the arc quality, unfortunately i don't have an option for trying out a 300 or 350. I had mentioned to a friend that i may upgrade if a new machine came out, he was interested in buying mine. I don't know what a fair price is but i figure the new machine will cost say $1000 more than i will sell my old one for. I don't think it's worth it for me right now, its a hobby/personal interest thing. Since i don't make money with it, its a luxury. I'll probably "suffer along" with my existing unit
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Lightbulb a little food for thought!!

just to add a little more food for thought.
    although the numbers seem to support that if the Dyn200 is going to have a problem it will show its self within the first 3-6 months of use. seems like after that point if you have had no problems and care for it properly you wont have any with the unit.
    you might consider the value of a new warranty when deciding if upgrading is an option. some feel the warranty is well worth having and even replace units when the warranty is expired, this is not as often the case with home users or hobby users. but you should consider a new warranties value into the upgrade.
    as for only being able to come within $1000.00 of the new price when selling your old unit.......... i suspect your unit looks new, has not so many Hrs. on it and as such on e-bay may well cone much closer to the price of a new unit than $1,000.00 seems some of them e-bay'ers just get out of control.
    any way, just thought i would add a little more for ya to think about wile you torcher your self over the decision.
    as a side note, i suspect by now you have added many items to the equipment for the Dyn. , some of witch have made the original no longer used. maybe an extra torch, foot control or finger control, maybe an extra work lead or 2. you could probably put together most if not all of a contractors kit to sell with your old unit wile still only needing to purchase just the power supply for your self. or close to it.
    good luck, hope ya get a new one. every one loves a new toy.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I may just get me another (newer version) and sell my present dynasty 200 DX.
    Had my lws check it out yesterday. If I do I'll pull the trigger in about a month or less.
    Anybody care to explain "triangle wave" to a hillbilly?
    I've been consistently asking for a sine wave option for awhile now. Thanks Miller

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by Laiky View Post
    Maybe Sundown needs to find something more constructive to do, like go **** himself.
    HAHA. Calm down he just jealous he did post that thread up first.

Andy. It was pretty fullish of Miller to make an upgrade and not make older 200DX upgradeable. It's pretty disapointing(sp). Feel a little jipped. Can you make a DVD for the 200DX please. I would still buy it. Hope to see you in the fall at Ocean City,MD if you go to the Show. I like what you said about the new torch. I noticed it was easier to hold my torch closer to the head of the torch.Thanks.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Guys
    love my dyn 350... need a smaller more portable with similar capability...
    LOL... not going to happen. while the trend is always to make things smaller and more compact, you ain't getting dyn 350 capability in a suitcase in the foreseeable future.
    miller dynasty 350
    miller spectrum 1000

so has any updated serial numbers been released? If i end up getting a dynasty i would like to get the newer version. THanks

Josh

Hey ANDY......still waiting for those #'s.....or did you overstep a little with the sales dept??

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX