Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I know that everyone wants a 250 Dynasty and we hear that but nothing is scheduled to replace the 200 for quite awhile.
    The new 200 features are just product improvements and are a running change to the current product. That is why you have not seen anything on the website. It's not a NEW product, just enhanced/perfected. We constantly strive to improve products and have incorporated software or hardware changed in product for years to try to improve performance, manufacturing, or reliability. These new changes are just that.
    The Dynasty 200 is here for while.

Hope that helps
    Andy

Default So

Are any of these changes in software that we can install on an older 200DX? or would we have to have that done by Miller? If so, how would we go about getting it done? Thanks, P

Can't do just the software update. It only works with the new style arc starter which does not fit in the current mounting location on the older Dynasty 200s. There is also wiring harness differences that make a retrofit kit totally unfeasible.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    I know that everyone wants a 250 Dynasty and we hear that but nothing is scheduled to replace the 200 for quite awhile.
    The new 200 features are just product improvements and are a running change to the current product. That is why you have not seen anything on the website. It's not a NEW product, just enhanced/perfected. We constantly strive to improve products and have incorporated software or hardware changed in product for years to try to improve performance, manufacturing, or reliability. These new changes are just that.
    The Dynasty 200 is here for while.

Hope that helps
    Andy
    andy when say the new 200 are you referring to the current dyn 200 dx or is there a new dyn 200dx that supercedes the one currently out on the market??? thx mike

The new Dynasty 200s we produce today are different than the ones from a month ago.
    The new ones have performance enhancements that we thought would make it a better machine.
    With some of the technology we learned in the Dynasty 350, we thought some of that could be incorporated into the current Dynasty 200.

A

Andy , is there anyway that I could tell if I'm buying the new version such as serial #'s or such . I'm looking to buy a 200dx in the near future but want to make sure I get the newer model . Also will probably buy from IOC and I believe when you buy a machine from them it gets shipped direct from the factory, so with that being said if I buy one now will I be getting the new model or is there remaining old stock ?

I'll find the ser# cut off.

As long as the whse that it shipped from has depleted old stock, it will be a new version.

Andy

It seems downright silly to add a significant new feature like waveforms, then make it a hidden menu, and still sell it as the same machine?? Call it the Dynasty 201DX or 200DXa. If i were to go buy one, and i might, i would want to be sure i got the one i wanted.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Hum,

Maybe Laiky needs to apply for the job as "Head of Marketing" for Miller Electric.

Course, that's after he takes over as head of the NHRA. (So they can get their heads out of their A$$es).

NOT happening!!!

Maybe Sundown needs to find something more constructive to do, like go **** himself.
    Last edited by Laiky; 08-06-2008 at 12:43 PM.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear