Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blaznhot_23 View Post
    then what do you do??? blow your money on the current dynasty 200 dx and hope nothing comes out anytime soon or wait???
    There is "NOTHING" wrong with the dyn200. If a new unit comes out, i would bet it would be a bigger machine, and a more expensive one. The deal is, Miller or any other is not in any way obligated to tell you that a new product is coming out. Think about it, they would lose a lot of money! Besides if the dyn200 is worth it at its price today, it will be worth it tomorrow.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Ultimately how bad do you need the machine?!!!
    New machines come out all the time, if you don't need it RIGHT now then wait to see what they come out with. If you need it before they come out with a new model then buy what fits your needs at the time. If you are able to wait but then don't like the machine they come out with anyway maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a deal on the previous version.
    If you can afford to wait 2, 4, 6 , 8 months for the new model then you should probably ask yourself why your buying it in the first place.

Remember guys, these are welding machines, not high heels and handbags!!! You don't have to buy the new one to be in style for the fall fashion trend!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

I'm still waiting for the ultimate computer but they keep changing them.
    Oh yeah..........and for the prices to come down
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by c wagner View Post
    Remember guys, these are welding machines, not high heels and handbags!!! You don't have to buy the new one to be in style for the fall fashion trend!

Hilarious!!!!!
    MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
    Diversion 180
    Spectrum 375 X-TREME
    Portable Victor O/A
    Palmgren Bench Drill Press
    14" Evolution Dry Saw
    IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
    Speedglas 9100x
    My Brain

Quote Originally Posted by c wagner View Post
    and remember, no White welders after Sept.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Only problem I have had with my Dyn200DX is the momentary HiFreq, and the erratic way it works, I just use LiftArc instead, but would like to know if something is wrong with my machine, my Syncrowave 250 does not react this way, any opinions....Paul
    More Spark Today Please

Quote Originally Posted by paulrbrown View Post
    Only problem I have had with my Dyn200DX is the momentary HiFreq, and the erratic way it works, I just use LiftArc instead, but would like to know if something is wrong with my machine, my Syncrowave 250 does not react this way, any opinions....Paul
    I could probably help if you would give a little better explanation of your HF problem. The Dynasty's are sensitive in respect to the tig start parameters so it may be as simple as changing a couple of the settings via hidden menu.

The HF starting appears to be one of the areas which the new version will address. Previously there was a single default start setting used erroneously by many for all different kinds of tungsten type and size, but which was intended for 3/32" diameter ceriated. I wouldn't say that the previous versions had problems as much as I would say the user didn't take the time to understand how to setup the machine properly--by reading the owner's manual. Sure you can just crank up the starting amperage and start duration, and it will light off just fine. The problem becomes undue wear on the tungsten. So the best compromise between consistent starts and long tungsten life becomes adjusting the parameters to only as much starting amperage and time as is necessary. For the comment about the syncro250...remember that HF is applied for both starting and continuous operation in AC mode, whereas it is only used for starting on the Dynasty model.

The new model appears to still have the generic starting mode for 3/32 dia. tungsten, but goes further by providing pre-set start parameters based upon the user's selection of tungsten diameter: 0.020, 0.040, 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8.

In addition, the range of starting adjustment has grown from being start amp, start time to start amp, start time, slope time, and min. amperage. So for those who hate to make adjustments other than the big dial for amperage, your best bet will be just to select the correct diameter of tungsten and that should give you good starts.

On another note, there also appears to be the ability to select different AC waveforms. Previously, AC was defined as 'Advanced Squarewave'. This offered a lot of puddle agitation due to its nearly vertical transition between DCEP and DCEN. Some in the past complained about silicon freezing in the puddle and giving a less than shiny final bead. Now you'll be able to choose the 'Soft Squarewave' which slows down the transition rate between DCEP and DCEN and provides less silicon freezing and better wetting at the toes of the bead. For the old-school users, a true sinusoidal waveform can be selected, as well as a triangle waveform.

-dseman

The new Dynasty 200 is still just a 200.

No news on a 250 yet.

The changes are it has the whole wave form adjustability that the Dynasty 350 has and it has a new arc starter system.

These are running changes and should already be available on new machines ordered as warehouses deplete current stock.

The front panel looks the same. The new waveform adjustments are located in a hidden menu screen.

The machine does start and run darn near just like the Dynasty 350.

Andy

So..... Is a 250 coming???

and

When will we see the updated 200?

The web site still doesn't say anything about it
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear