Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default New Dynasty 200DX?? what gives...

Guys
    love my dyn 350... need a smaller more portable with similar capability... went to local dealers with cash in hand.... and was told to wait... that the next gen would be much better and just around the corner...
    who knows what?
    do not want to buy offshore junk as i get bit each time..
    thx
    H

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Possibly a 250DX
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

yeah whats up, I was actually going to go buy a sync 200 tommorrow. maybe I'll wait

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Guys
    love my dyn 350... need a smaller more portable with similar capability... went to local dealers with cash in hand.... and was told to wait... that the next gen would be much better and just around the corner...
    who knows what?
    do not want to buy offshore junk as i get bit each time..
    thx
    H
    Whatever....I would'a took your money

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Heiti,

Good to see your handle again! Can't advise you on the products, but glad to see you well!

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Good to see ya again, I hate it when someone says that there is a better version of a machine coming,Especially when the current version has proven tried and true to so many of us and a machine I would recomend to anyone. Maybe there is a newer version but is it really that much better and do you need that much better for the additional cost?!

I have been an advocate for the 200DX since the first one I welded with at HAWK's. I own one and have used mine harder than I ever intended. Glad to have it.

God Bless,

Lightbulb go with what works.

if you have the 350 for top end power it might be better to get the 200 now before the $$ goes up for added power you don't need. (if thats it)
    if it fits the bill might be best to just get what ya need and not look back.

other than more power i cant see anything they could do to the 200 ??? dose any one else ?? i would hate to see them turn it into an auto adjust like the new 165.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I love my dynasty, and i haven't really needed more than it has. If there was a new unit coming out i would like to see a 250 amp machine with the various triangle/soft square wave features. Not because i need it but i would like it!
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Guys
    glad to see that you are all still out there.. hate to admit it but have never run a dyn 200.. but have a dyn 350 and it is incredible.. my prob is that I need a hand carried machine from time to time.. and the dyn 350 tigrunner is nearly as awkward as a sync 250 to transport... is there an updated version of the dynasty about to be released?... and what changes have been made?... the 350 is amazing but not really portable..
    Thanks
    Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Heiti, your welcome here anytime to use my 200DX. Do you need an AC/DC portable? I have usd the maxstar 150stl and it was quite capable in its world! I doubt any major changes to the 200, since the machine has had so few quirks or issues. Tell you this if you want to take a few days off come on down and we'll burn some metal and eat some cattle, maybe even a premium beverage.

Peace,