Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: airco ac welder

Default airco ac welder

I have an airco ac heliarc high frequency welder. I am told it is made by miller and looks like the 320 or 330 model.can it be converted to dc also to tig weld steel?

Default Airco Tig

You can tell very quickly by the serial number if Miller built it but I don't recall AC only machines of the 330ABP vintage even though Miller did build AC only Syncrowaves. While you could add the rectifier and stabilizer from common scrapped machines, the work involved and the fact that nice AC/DC 330ABP's are available on the used market reasonably might make that option more attractive to you. weldersales

Default airco welder

the model # is 253 H.A.P. it doesnt say on the machine if it's a/c or d/c

it's an airco 253 heliarc high frequency welder the ser# is 12211
    Last edited by master6789338; 09-05-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: forgot ser#

After looking at a picture of one, I don't think Miller or Lincoln made it. Alot of firms used the "Heliarc" name. ESAB ended up with it

Maybe its a true Airco, P&H, or even possibly an old ESAB

Default need info on older miller blu star

I have Miller blue star ser#hh096695 w/ a 16hp kohler k seris engine . It sat in a warehouse for years. I put a carb kit fuel tank,plug and fuel in it and got it to run( a little rough back fires once in a while) but can't find any info on this machine and i'm not real sure where to look

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams View Post
    I have Miller blue star ser#hh096695 w/ a 16hp kohler k seris engine . It sat in a warehouse for years. I put a carb kit fuel tank,plug and fuel in it and got it to run( a little rough back fires once in a while) but can't find any info on this machine and i'm not real sure where to look
    Well thats easy, just look in owners manuals, and pull up a Bluestar 2, it'll have the 2E listed there for your serial # as well.