Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
    In fact I would buy that book figuring it may cover a trick I did not know about.

As to TIG Welding For Dummies - unless I get a free copy I may have to spend over $1,000 to get one!

I have read a few of the " For Dummies " books and I can tell you, they are in depth.

I may just have to get a Diversion to get that book! :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by PTSdeshow
    If people use the book and DVD WHICH ONLY COMES WITH the diversion 165 at this time. they have made the commitment to try to TIG weld before seeing or reading the book!

It is going to be a bonus or a pleasant surprise when they open the box. A little light humor after they have dropped a good chunk of change on the unit.

It clearly states that it isn't for resale. Brought to you by Miller.
    And a Miller Electric Special Edition.
    And combined with the fact of it being so slim of a volume no body will confuse it with a real 1" thick dummies books
    It would be a nice addition to the online, educational materials. Also since it very clear that Miller isn't in the business of making money on their welding educational materials they do sell. It would make a nice addition to the line of products.
    And since the booklet could be used with out the machine set up DVD. They might put it in PDF format for downloading for everybody that missed the cut off.

And NO!
    mine will not be going up on Ebay any time soon.
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Is John the same person that is in the video that came with the Econotig?

That video was helpful when I first started, watched it a couple of times since.

I didn't know about this site for help then.

Oh, I was only kidding about ebay.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

The John that is from Miller, posting in this thread is the one in the same that co wrote the dummies intro booklet, and did the diversion video, haven't seen the video that you are talking about. But if his name is Swartz, it probably is since he is in product development or what ever new products are called.

But I figure that some of the booklets,and video's will end up there. If they don't PUT them in the ON LINE PDF LIBRARY and store. Hint, hint, for all those slow souls that missed out on the survey past question 5!
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

I was probably in the first 10 to take survey, any chance to get free instruction is an opertunity that should not be missed!
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

HH135 mig
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Lightbulb post it here

i wonder if miller would object to one of us with the book posting it ??
    i'll have to see if i can scan it in and put it together for an e-mail out package. i don't think i could get it small enough to be posted here ??
    i think miller could do that easier than me, but probably has other things to do.

i would be happy to spend some time testing the new 165 and reporting how i like it. feel free to ship me a unit when you ship out down19992000's .
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default watched the video and read most of the book

The book is ok, but a bit brief on details. The regular Miller TIG book helps reinforce the booklet. The DVD is brief but at least it's a DVD. Even last year they were still including VHS with machines. The guy didn't put any hose clamps on the shielding gas hose either. Is this the way it's done now?
    Ornamental fabrication shop worker
    at home...
    2011 Hobart Handler 210MVP
    2013 spoolrunner 100 spool gun

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    May have to check out ebay! Ha
    Is that where your's is going?

No way,
    Mine is in the library, well my shelf anyway.
    The ebay thing was my poor attempt at humor.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

HH135 mig
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Thanks Miller! Got mine.

Class outfit. Keep up the good work.

Smile Got mine . . .

Got mine, so far just reading . . . have not viewed the DVD . . . I am scared to view the DVD . . . It might induce me to buy a Miller TIG . . . .
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"