Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Red face foot control for xmt 300 cc

hello.new guy here just got this machine miller xmt 300 cc (only) not cc/cv.i've noticed the 14 pin (port female) is a standard .but some of the (plugs male). only has 5 pins out of the 14 possible sticking out of the pedal plug cord in the pictures ive seen on ebay.and on this machine it appears that it uses 6 out of 14 possible.the configuration is 5 outside with 1 pin next to end pin toward center.6 contact the rest look empty on machine.just want to get the right pedal.pin connection alignment etc.they cost a bit and if anyone can give me the run down so i can get the right pedal.older machine 1996 ..hope this makes sense .or is the 14 pin port just plain universal and i payn to much attention.thanks a million!!!! you all have helped me more than i can say.dunc

If you don't have a manual check here http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
    If you input your serial # your assured of getting the right manual.
    Good luck.

If your really stuck just give Miller a call and they'll point you in the right direction.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Thats easy

A & B are contactor control

Then it goes CED on the potentiometer, shaft facing away from you, pins facing down

It's a 1K 2Watt potentiometer Clarostat#53C31K, mind you thats for the short shaft pot, like for the remotes and such.

I believe I have what you need. Here is the link to the pedal I have for sale.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=13483

Cruizer has more info about these machine. Take his word as absolute fact. He repairs welding machines for a living. Cruizer will my pedal work on his machine.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Default got the manual

thanks !!!! the active pins are A B C D E K --- K is common etc.only reference to the pedal is rc2 ???thanks !!! i'll see if i can talk to a breathing person at miller .i am interested in the pedal you have $$???.excuse me i am a greenhorn at using the forum properly.if you get a chance email me with $$$ duncanmckean@msn.com or anyone with the specific model.i just don't know if the RFCS-14 is specific enough???thanks dunc

Quote Originally Posted by dunc View Post
    thanks !!!! the active pins are A B C D E K --- K is common etc.only reference to the pedal is rc2 ???thanks !!! i'll see if i can talk to a breathing person at miller .i am interested in the pedal you have $$???.excuse me i am a greenhorn at using the forum properly.if you get a chance email me with $$$ duncanmckean@msn.com or anyone with the specific model.i just don't know if the RFCS-14 is specific enough???thanks dunc
    It is the older version of the RFCS-14. IT is the RFC-14 and it works the same as the new plastic RFCS-14. It has a little different internal then the newer one, but will hold up longer since its a metal case. the RFC-23A is $385 list, the RFCS-14HD is $271 list and the RFCS-14 is $261 list. Make me an reasonable offer and it's yours. One other person is asking about it on weldingweb.com site. I'll check to see who asked about it first. Just trying to be fair. I left my info on the link if you want to contact me.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Default Rfc-14

Just bought a small EconoTig Miller welder with a RFC-14 foot control. Does anyone know what the adjustment might be for the wiper arm? Appears there is a pickup that moves across a cylindrical unit. Should the pickup touch the cylinder or is there an air-gap. Any info anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks