Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I bought my Bobcat in place of a generator. We don't have a lot of power outages, but they can come at the most inopportune moments. My wife insisted that any generator I bought had to have Electric start - she didn't want to spend 1/2 hour cursing at something and pulling the cord . That put the starting price over $2K new for just about anything. I got a lightly used Bobcat 250 for $1000. I've got a great welder, she has an electric start generator - and we're $1K better off. I think we all win. If I need to run off the genny for a day or 2 - the 1 gal / hr isn't going to bother me.

The engines in the Miller welders aren't any better than the engines in the generators. Both have high rpm engines.
    You need a generator that runs at a low rpm for it to last a long time. Look around for a military surplus unit.

BTW, I have a Bobcat 250 and it does use about 1 gal per hour while welding.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.