Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Need some ideas...

Hey guys im new to posting on this website and somewhat new to welding, however, i know there are some great fabricators on this site and would like ask for some opinions here. i am trying to get a few last items together before i go camping this summer and im i having a lil trouble with pulling my camper. Do you guys have some ideas that might help me out...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I need someway to improve the steering and get the front end a lil lower, any thoughts?

I was thinkin maybe tractor weights...?

I'm hoping this is a joke.

Exclamation

no offenser but that scares me to see that on the road . have u ever used that before ? if theres any way to get that load more onto the axle that what u need to do first because if u think about it weights will get the front end down maybe but ur rear end is still goin to be saggin. if theres any way u can buy or borrow a truck i would suggest that.
    welding...its awsome

LOL you need to go to HF and get one of them $10 bed extenders that hook up to the hitch and use that to help suport the load. that was a jok!!!! do not think it will work in any way.

if its not a joke and you actualy want to pull that with the blazer you need to cut the top off and get the hitch over the axel. then install heavy duty breaks and make shore the trailor breaks are working befor even thinking of moveing it. the best solution would be rent the right truck. i have to say i sereously hope this is a joke and you are not realy trying to do this. if you do intend to do it, at the verry least you need to take the top off the blazer and mount the hitch in the right spot over the rear axel. although i dont think you have the pull capasity or wait alowances for it. odds are you wil get pulled off the road by the first cop that you pass if you try it, cirtenly no way you will be let threw a tole booth.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

yes, this was a joke. I found the pics on the internet and thought yall might like a good laugh.

No offense to yall but i cant belive you guys were giving advise on using it. I did post the pics as a joke but i do enjoy reading the forum and seeing everyones ingenuity, keep up the good work guys. Robbie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FF1809 View Post
    yes, this was a joke. I found the pics on the internet and thought yall might like a good laugh.
    got to admit a stupid pic like that and someone thinkin of pulling a load like that with it is real funny . reminds me of hearin when my dad was a kid him and my g-pa moved a trailor house that was about a 70 footer with a 3/4 ton truck . my dad said every once in a while theyd hit a bump and the front end would hit the ground and get better trackion but it was slow goin the whole way and watchin for the law seein as there was no way they were sertified movers. my g-pa has said its was an experience to remember and hes never gonna do it again .
    welding...its awsome

Default scary

Here's the scary part of this post, someone has tried this and surely someone else is gonna try this or something else as equally stupid or dangerous and is out there tooling down our highways as we speak with some other dangerous stuff. Being in a business dealing with trailers as the main part of my business, I see quite a bit of dangerous stuff being pulled down the highway, almost makes me not want to drive anymore. I can't help but think of all the victims of these highway tragedies that could have been prevented if the people responsible had used a little common sense. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    Here's the scary part of this post, someone has tried this and surely someone else is gonna try this or something else as equally stupid or dangerous and is out there tooling down our highways as we speak with some other dangerous stuff. Being in a business dealing with trailers as the main part of my business, I see quite a bit of dangerous stuff being pulled down the highway, almost makes me not want to drive anymore. I can't help but think of all the victims of these highway tragedies that could have been prevented if the people responsible had used a little common sense. Dave
    dabar is right that is just scary I would hate to see it driving down main street LOL

Inferno Forge

Chris