Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up

are u makin this for personal use i asume? just wonderin. the last one u built looks to be pretty good qaulity.
    welding...its awsome

Default Now I understand

A friend of mines father-in-law built one of these about 2 years ago. He bought the plans off the internet, and he modified them so that the camper would slide in and out of his utility trailer and the sides extended out past the top rails on the trailer, just like the slide in campers on the back of pick ups. I'll see if he can tell me what he used to construct his with, and how he did it. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get some pictures of it as well. This may give you some more ideas to work with. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thanks guys. I did make the first one for personal use. So far I have only used it for one weekend. It was fun. There were 50 other teardrop and other trailers there. I am making a TTT or Tiny Travel Trailer next. It will take some fancy welding on the frame. It will be 6'10" wide and 10 feet long. It will have a dropped floor in the kitchen and door area so the hight will only have to be 5'5" or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disclaimer:
    In case anyone was wondering... My trailer design is way out of scale regarding the steel and tires. I was just getting an idea of how to lay it out. Quick and Dirty.
    Thanks,

Nice camper. Got any detail pictures of the construction?
    Millermatic 35
    Miller TB302G
    Ellis 1800
    Smith & Victor Torches
    Optrel Satellite
    Arcair K4000
    Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
    Home Made Welding Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by garybdavis View Post
    Nice camper. Got any detail pictures of the construction?
    Thanks! I have a picture journal from start to finnish. I still need to do some paint in the galley and some trim on the two doors but it is pretty much done.

http://131.191.28.146:8090/tearbuild/index.html
    Thanks,

NightCap, The trailer my buddies father in law made is being stored up in Ohio at the grandparents house. My buddy said his grandad will take some pics and forward them to me so that I can post them for you. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

thats a cool looking trailor. thouse lil things have there own lil fallowing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    NightCap, The trailer my buddies father in law made is being stored up in Ohio at the grandparents house. My buddy said his grandad will take some pics and forward them to me so that I can post them for you. Dave
    That's cool, I would like to see it. They are getting more popular these days.
    Thanks,

well just found my winter project for those times the 5th wheel is just to big thanks for the post.
    garthswelding@aol.com trail blazer 301g with all the fixins:delta band saw dewalt chop saw craftsman drill press, sp-135 mm251 spectrum 375 suite case mig, tig w/hi freq. one welding truck.