Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Btw some of you guys get WAY off topic , dude's question was about what filler metal people would recommend . I also get bored but jeez .

It does slide off topic but a simple answer would have killed this thread and my angle/question is how close is it that one follows exacting weld design parameters and when? My personal view as to what might be acceptable changes with the type of project. Just some general observation, I might be able to make the actual weld just fine but it doesn't make me qualified to do the work or give advice on air frame, engineered crash protection, etc. The filler may be a tip of the issue so therefore where is the work being done is part of the equation.
    BTW, I saw another NASCAR thing the other day and the welding work was far superior to the last one I see. They both must have passed inspection but the skill level was better in the second.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.