Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Ton A-Frame

Hybrid View

Default 20 Ton A-Frame

The attached file is an overhead view of a 20 ton capacity A-Frame that attaches to the rear of a ship. We had to load test it to 40 tons of course but thanks to miller, and to some hard working fabricators, all welds held.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5 welding Rigs
    14 various shop weld machines
    150x80 shop full of metal working tools

Default Heavy Metal

That's bad-a$$, DOGG. Thanks for sharing.

Where are you located?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Took me a second to clue in that it was the size it is. What is it for?
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Located in So Cal. The Lift is for sea-born operations requiring a dual winch set-up, one on the right and one on the left; for positioning expensive equipment below sea level.
    5 welding Rigs
    14 various shop weld machines
    150x80 shop full of metal working tools

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEDOGG View Post
    Located in So Cal. The Lift is for sea-born operations requiring a dual winch set-up, one on the right and one on the left; for positioning expensive equipment below sea level.
    Yeah- got that part from yer Location

Where in SoCal?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Cool

Hey you might want to put a dime in your pictures so we can tell how big it is Just kidding nice work

Cool

the dime is in the bottom left corner next to one of the beads. ya have to enlarg the pic to see it.

thats nice looking work, thanks for sharing. its always cool to see some of the stuff guy's are building, rather than just a bead.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

ooooohhhhhh dassa big

no there is no dime in the pic ....
    you might see me in the pic ,picking it up
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

thats a nice A frame
    . . Thanks for posting the pictures

. I am also building a Large "A" frame for home use , although I can not figure out how to post pictures on the Miller forum , fustrated , it to will be a nice one . when complete. and yes thanks to Miller for making such Great welders so all the welds will hold.

............ Richard