Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Sounds better than a unit built in the backwoods with a buzz box, they went to the trouble of using expensive materials and are concerned with finish. I don't have ready access to powder coat but I got to agree with using paint finishes for the most part. Sand it up, epoxy primer and epoxy paint. I was trying to find some tubing pics but here is as near as it gets for the moment.
    If I want it nice I sand then even sandblast all the grinding out sometimes, then scuff with Scotchbrite, blow the dust off and paint usually with Dupont Corlar epoxy primer followed by industrial Imron. As Aero said, often the color chips away leaving the primer, easy to fix. I am careful with installation, you cant help normal wear and tear but you don't got to beat the snot out of it putting it together. I always run a brite over after blast, it smooths it a lot, you can feel the difference and it knocks sand off. You can routinely get nearly auto grade finishes with a little practice and some acceptable place to paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images