Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

It is rather hilarious to sit back and read how one bashes the other over grammar, spelling, who owns the business, etc. Who cares, does it really make that much of a difference?

I am just happy Schony's problem was solved by Miller.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default The best thing is . . . .

The best thing is . . . . we all have one thing in common . . .

an American Made

Welding Machine . . . . and for the most part it is Blue or Red . . . .

does anybody in the US make a white welding machine . . .?

OK Miller, it's time to come out with a Red, White & Blue machine . . . .

Steve
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

This has gone on for 6 pages now and so far I dont see much related to the first post which was an update on a previous topic. You may want to check for sure but I dont see any whining in "part 2".

Smile I think . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    This has gone on for 6 pages now and so far I dont see much related to the first post which was an update on a previous topic. You may want to check for sure but I dont see any whining in "part 2".
    I think it has been a long Holiday . . . and no one has any gas . . .

So here we are, doing the next best thing, standing around the coffee pot BS'ing . . . and yes, the OP got his latch fixed and made Miller of aware of a problem they did not know existed . . . . So in actuality, this thread has repaired and made useful again hundreds of Miller Welding machines and brought therapy to dozens of Miller using weldors . . . . . .

Besides, how many times can you have the same discussion as to who makes the best 4 1/2" grinder . . .

And here it is . . . . "Milwaukee does" at least the ones that were made in the USA . . . . lol lol lol
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Wacko, I'm with you. The silent majority has felt the feelings you've expressed here. I'm all for kindness but you made some great points. Happy 4th everyone!
    Joe in NY

Clarke 131E Arc Welder
    HF 4x6 bandsaw
    Hitachi 4.5" Grinder
    Craftsman Air Compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    I figger if Beth has to pony up a name of Mr. Beth's Co- why don't you knuckleheads pony up yer real names too?
    I don't have a problem with that.
    The definition of courage. "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through to the end no matter what." From "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Anybody weld anything over the weekend?
    Although I found this thread to be the most entertaining on on the lists, I built one of those electrolisys rust remover things from another thread on the "Welding discussion" thing.
    Practiced a little with Aluminum and played with my new "digital elite" helmet settings.
    Disassembled and moved a small building that was given to me.

My wife is the president of a construction co. so I enjoied Beths post as well as the comments of others of thier frustrations.

I know another female that has an outdoor highway gadgets and gizmos company with 85+ or - employees.

I gained a little insite from the comments here.

Well the weekend is over so back to the grind.

Cheers.

Randall
    Aus-tex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-TX View Post
    A new member posted about a problem with his NEW MILLER WELDER. He was not happy. Yes, it's "only" a latch. So be it. So far, I have seen nothing positive in regard to that thread. The member has been flamed and criticized for pointing out what is probably a design flaw or manufacturing defect in regard to his Miller welder.
    yeah but you can tell a lot about someone by the percentage of time a person spends complaining and the percentage spent on beneficial discussion.

so far this guy has 10 posts and they are are either a complaint or in defense of his complaint. probably if the guy had some posts with useful beneficial discussion prior to the 10 complaining posts, then maybe we wouldn't be so hard on him.

the other thing is the magnitude of the guy's reaction. using a pile of exclamation marks after stating "horrible impression" makes it seem like the guy has never had anything bad/unfair happen to him before. i mean what has he been living in a utopia his whole life? sh!t happens in the cruel unfair world out there life and mature people take it in stride and don't bother wasting time to complain about it.
    miller dynasty 350
    miller spectrum 1000

Quote Originally Posted by ridesideways View Post
    yeah but you can tell a lot about someone by the percentage of time a person spends complaining and the percentage spent on beneficial discussion.

so far this guy has 10 posts and they are are either a complaint or in defense of his complaint. probably if the guy had some posts with useful beneficial discussion prior to the 10 complaining posts, then maybe we wouldn't be so hard on him.

the other thing is the magnitude of the guy's reaction. using a pile of exclamation marks after stating "horrible impression" makes it seem like the guy has never had anything bad/unfair happen to him before. i mean what has he been living in a utopia his whole life? sh!t happens in the cruel unfair world out there life and mature people take it in stride and don't bother wasting time to complain about it.
    So...
    OOps I used 3 dots after so, but I am curious about your handle "ride sideways".
    My first impression was "ride side saddle".
    You know right?

Where you commin from?

Randall
    Aus-tex

Quote Originally Posted by fendermender View Post
    So...
    OOps I used 3 dots after so, but I am curious about your handle "ride sideways".
    My first impression was "ride side saddle".
    You know right?

Where you commin from?

Randall
    Aus-tex
    I said I wouldn't posts but the mods can't lock the thread and this is getting out of control. People just want to stir the pot and start trouble. Take that crap to weldingweb.com . This site and community is much better then this. I see some members true colors and I will remember this.

* Fendermetal is Beth your wife or do you know her? Your getting defensive so I'm assuming she is something to you.*

Thanks to all the guys agreeing with me that this guy is a complainer. I'm not going to reiterate everything I said before. "Beth" though she was better then the average welder and choose to talk over us with words she had to look up in a thesaurus to sound intelligent. Feel sorry for the husband, Sounds like she wears the pants if you know what I mean.LOL

Many good point on both sides of the debate. Nobody wins and some people made friends and others made less then that. It really saddens me to see this unfold.

James
    Waiting to see this thread LOCKED!!!!!
    Last edited by StillBoostin; 07-07-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com