BRB= Be Right Back

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

And on and on it goes, if the biggest problem I had to deal with was a tricky latch on an entry level mig machine I'd be the happiest little fu**er in town

Schoney is just trying to transfer all the bad vibes he gets from being a computer fed factory atuo tech.
    Most people I know would have,
    1- got it open
    2- reamed someone at Miller over the phone
    3- had a laugh on here and been done with it.

But some people have a shortage of simple problem solving skills

have a great fourth, get off the computer, and enjoy life!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smith View Post
    Y'all suffering from boredom? The guy is pissed about a flaw that escaped the assembly line.

Seems Miller tried to placate the guy for his inconvenience though.

personally Miller tech support and parts has been very helpful and supportive, they have helped several times with my antique MM200, even helped determine after market parts to replace stuff that was no longer stocked for it at Miller.

And what the bleek does LOL mean?
    LOL = Laughing out loud. I guess I could have used one of those smilies. Please don't complain to Al Gore. LOL.

Default A Different Perspective

Hey guys do you want to hear a woman's perspective?

I have read this board for quite some time and have gained a great deal of insight into the board and its members. Many of you are kind and want to help others such as Sberry and JimTx (those members were off the top of my head... the list is long).

1. I can see why posts are down as this is a very intimidating board for no apparent reason.

2. The gentleman just posted a quick note about his experience with a purchase, and he was deluged with criticism.

3. To be fair there were a few of you who came to his rescue...not that you should have to do that.

4. Stillboostin, I find it odd that you feel the need to tell this gentleman how his post should have been written after all the board is to express one's opinion is it not? I somehow did not understand your digression into the automotive repair business

6. If this post were so awful then don't respond, and it quickly would have gone into the abyss were all the posts eventually reside.

7. My thoughts are, if people were more understanding and not so quick to critique others then quite possibly the postings would increase and the members would be less likely to leave.

Just my opinion...

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleqtee View Post

<snip>

7. My thoughts are, if people were more understanding and not so quick to critique others then quite possibly the postings would increase and the members would be less likely to leave.

Just my opinion...

Beth
    An excellent post. Good points. We should all be more kind. there's something about the internet that causes people to be somewhat abrasive. I guess that comes naturally when you are just sitting there typing instead of mowing the lawn otrdoing something worthwhile.

Thanks for your excellent comments!

Turtleqtee
    welcome to the site.
    its not as simple as you made it out to be. it was a simple problem that miller has already sent him the replacement part for. so why all the drama ???

its time to weld some thing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    Turtleqtee
    welcome to the site.
    its not as simple as you made it out to be.
    Yes it is.

Re-read #6
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I have read this board for quite some time and have gained a great deal of insight into the board and its members. Many of you are kind and want to help others such as Sberry and JimTx (those members were off the top of my head... the list is long).

1. I can see why posts are down as this is a very intimidating board for no apparent reason.

2. The gentleman just posted a quick note about his experience with a purchase, and he was deluged with criticism.

3. To be fair there were a few of you who came to his rescue...not that you should have to do that.

4. Stillboostin, I find it odd that you feel the need to tell this gentleman how his post should have been written after all the board is to express one's opinion is it not? I somehow did not understand your digression into the automotive repair business

6. If this post were so awful then don't respond, and it quickly would have gone into the abyss were all the posts eventually reside.

Just my opinion...

Beth
    I guess you don't understand the Automotive world, and that is ok. Everybody has different jobs in life, so I can't expect you to understand. Negative people bring things down. A CEO of a major company recently told all his employees that all complainers would be fired. The reason he said this was to increase productivity. A complainer will interrupt a productive employee to bother them and complain. If you don't like your job then just quit, or I'll fire you, he said. He is very right in his statement and work policy. Like I said earlier, I don't like complainers(no one does). Someone that comes on here and states they are an ASE Master Tech should be able to diagnosis a problem and solve very quickly without it being a big deal. Not post a terrible experience that he didn't have with Miller. Miller did everything they could do for this guy, and then he posts a second thread to stir the pot some more.

It does sound like there might be a problem with the latch, and I'm glad it is getting pointed out. But to have all this Drama over a stupid little latch; that takes the cake.

*Looks like you were quick to critque(sp) me in your very first and only post.*

James

I'm done with this DRAMA full thread and will not be posting in it anymore. I'm gonna go weld something cause I feel my blood pressure rise every time someone else post in this thread. Good Night or Good Morning and Happy 4th!
    Last edited by StillBoostin; 07-05-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by StillBoostin View Post
    I guess you don't understand the Automotive world, and that is ok. Everybody has different jobs in life, so I can't expect you to understand. Negative people bring things down. A CEO of a major company recently told all his employees that all complainers would be fired. The reason he said this was to increase productivity. A complainer will interrupt a productive employee to bother them and complain. If you don't like your job then just quit, or I'll fire you, he said. He is very right in his statement and work policy. Like I said earlier, I don't like complainers(no one does). Someone that comes on here and states they are an ASE Master Tech should be able to diagnosis a problem and solve very quickly without it being a big deal. Not post a terrible experience that he didn't have with Miller. Miller did everything they could do for this guy, and then he posts a second thread to stir the pot some more.

It does sound like there might be a problem with the latch, and I glad it is getting pointed out. But to have all this Drama over a stupid little latch; that takes the cake.

*Looks like you were quick to critque(sp) me in your very first and only post.*

James

I'm done with this DRAMA full thread and will not be posting in it anymore. I'm gonna go weld something cause I feel my blood pressure rise every time someone else post in this thread. Good Night or Good Morning and Happy 4th!
    Stillboostin, you sound like a very nice man. That being said I would actually like to address your statement.

1. Please understand I did not critique you, please re-read my first post. I merely stated that:

a. I did not understand why you felt that you should tell another member how to write his post (after all his comments were not about another member, but actually about a product of a large corporation...corporations don't have feelings so I would think that they don't need to be defended) In addition everyone on this forum "bleeds blue" including my husband.

b. Again you make a comparison between the work place and this forum. Yes indeed there are many constraints in the work place. They are due to a myriad of things such as politics, productivity and social milieu. With that being said the work place can be strictly governed by your employer.

This is not a work environment, it is a voluntary forum with members who are free to come and go as they please.

In addition it is a place designed for the free exchange of ideas. Free exchange promotes creativity and comfort (which if we all remember what our country is based on ...Happy Fourth of July).

Maybe he posted the complaint as an "ice breaker". He may have been intimidated due to a lack of experience, and his purchase and ensuing problem was his "stepping stone" into the forum.

All I am trying to say (and not hurt anyone's feelings) is be kind to others, they have feelings even if it is over the Internet and your ranks will grow and the posts will flourish.

As an aside, I do have a great deal of insight into the world of equipment and mechanized repair as my husband owns an extremely large corporation which repairs, sells and leases heavy equipment.

Thanks,

Beth

Default Just curious . . .

Stillboostin, you sound like a very nice man. That being said I would actually like to address your statement.

1. Please understand I did not critique you, please re-read my first post. I merely stated that:

a. I did not understand why you felt that you should tell another member how to write his post (after all his comments were not about another member, but actually about a product of a large corporation...corporations don't have feelings so I would think that they don't need to be defended) In addition everyone on this forum "bleeds blue" including my husband.

b. Again you make a comparison between the work place and this forum. Yes indeed there are many constraints in the work place. They are due to a myriad of things such as politics, productivity and social milieu. With that being said the work place can be strictly governed by your employer.

This is not a work environment, it is a voluntary forum with members who are free to come and go as they please.

In addition it is a place designed for the free exchange of ideas. Free exchange promotes creativity and comfort (which if we all remember what our country is based on ...Happy Fourth of July).

Maybe he posted the complaint as an "ice breaker". He may have been intimidated due to a lack of experience, and his purchase and ensuing problem was his "stepping stone" into the forum.

All I am trying to say (and not hurt anyone's feelings) is be kind to others, they have feelings even if it is over the Internet and your ranks will grow and the posts will flourish.

As an aside, I do have a great deal of insight into the world of equipment and mechanized repair as my husband owns an extremely large corporation which repairs, sells and leases heavy equipment.

Thanks,

Beth
    Please don't take this wrong, although I'm sure you will . . .

Just curious Beth, why are you in this forum . . . are you a welder, or doing some sort of paper for a degree in social work, a moderator for Miller ?

This is your 1st post, so I can only assume you are not a welding hobbyist . . . and since your husband as you say is VERY successful, which in America equates to you being successful since you were smart enough to marry him . . . I'm just curious what would bring you to this forum?

Please understand, the social worker types have already psycho-babbled most of us out of jobs in this country . . . You know, all that love we are supposed to have for everyone, like the hard working ILLEGALS that come across our border for all the free goodies compliments of psycho-babbling social workers giving them our jobs and taxes . . .

Thanks, Steve
    Last edited by Wacko Welder; 07-05-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"