Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Smile Well . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    When I picked up my gloves yesterday I went over to the new miller 180 and the latch was stuck on it as well...you could not open it and they already knew it. They read this guys post...said they saw his point and checked theirs and it was stuck Crazy eh??
    They need to move the latch a touch I believe
    I would have been sorta torqued if my 350P latch had been stuck and if I started noticing it being common I would post that as well...oh yea I just did

Oh yea....there is a lot more hostility on this forum than needed IMO
    You know hostility is a relative thing . . . when I bought my Miller 251, just as they were about to load it, the guy in the warehouse noticed when he peaked in the box that the front panel did not look like a MM251 . . . . You see several Miller machines are shipped in the same box and they just put a check mark next to what is supposed to be in there . . . had I got home with a MM210 I would have had a little hostility . . . . toward the the LWS & maybe even the guy in the crating dept. at Miller . . . corrected on loading dock . . . Happy MM251 owner . . .

I see solving a problem with a company kind of like solving one with your wife. You discuss it privately first . . . then, when no solution can be arrived at you go crying to the world, AKA . . divorce court and at that point you can tell all your friend that she is a %^$#**)**) , but if you do that first & the you resolve your problem with wife, now you look like a heal for bad mouthing such a great woman . . .
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by StillBoostin View Post
    I hope you don't think I Flamed you because that isn't my attention at all
    I don't.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko Welder View Post
    You know hostility is a relative thing . . . when I bought my Miller 251, just as they were about to load it, the guy in the warehouse noticed when he peaked in the box that the front panel did not look like a MM251 . . . . You see several Miller machines are shipped in the same box and they just put a check mark next to what is supposed to be in there . . . had I got home with a MM210 I would have had a little hostility . . . . toward the the LWS & maybe even the guy in the crating dept. at Miller . . . corrected on loading dock . . . Happy MM251 owner . . .

I see solving a problem with a company kind of like solving one with your wife. You discuss it privately first . . . then, when no solution can be arrived at you go crying to the world, AKA . . divorce court and at that point you can tell all your friend that she is a %^$#**)**) , but if you do that first & the you resolve your problem with wife, now you look like a heal for bad mouthing such a great woman . . .
    Great point; could have said it better. Not married yet so I couldn't have come up with that analogy.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

dry up!!! will ya.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Default A point

Schony has a point, if I bought something new from anyone and it didn't function as desired I would not be happy (Microsoft excluded---it's expected). If I spent my money regardless of how much, an inexpensive welder or a new car and the door didn't open you bet I would be on the phone getting something resolved. Now we all know that Miller has great service techs. A phone call and this whole thread whould have been avoided.

I think the problem running through the posts is the approach. We all try very hard to treat each other with respect for the most part here. The professionalism here is part of why this is a great forum.

I think if Schony would have said somethng like " I just bought this new machine and noticed the latch was broken, has anyone else had this frustration on one of these machine?" The responses would have been completely different. I have noticed in past threads that the tone is set right at first. Especially when someone tries to attack a company that we all respect very much. Miller works hard to bring a great machine to market and then to back it up with top notch service support.

No I am not a service guy, but I know some.

Food for thought

for the record. i was not trying to flame any one.

what have you done to resolve the problem ?? is it getting fixed ??
    he called Miller and they are mailing him a new latch. sounds like great customer service to me, problem solved. but no he gets back on here to start another thread complaining.???

i'm shore the responses would have been different had his first post been " bummer my latch is broke, how do i go about getting it fixed ? " instead of
    " LOL!!!! What a HORRIBLE first impression 180a mig!! How bout some QT?!?! "
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=13342

the way you ask a question can set the mood for the responses you get. i would just like to see him get it fixed and get to working on some projects so he can see why he spent the extra $ in the customer service and weld quality.
    life really is too short to stress over the lil stuff.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Most companies will help you out.

I bought a new 220 VAC MIG welder online about two years ago. It was built by that company that uses a lot of red paint on their products.

Anyway, it was delivered by UPS. I was upset when I noticed that the box was crunched on one side but I didn't think it looked so bad that the welder was damaged so I accepted it.

When I removed the welder from the box, I discovered that the whole front of the welder was broken and pushed in. It had been improperly packed.

I got on the telephone to the selling company back East and they referred me to the manufacturing company's offices in California. I e-mailed tham and heard back almost immediately. The representative there asked for a couple of digital photos of the damage and told me to stand by.

Within two hours I received an e-mail telling me that another machine was on the way by private carrier. iI was to check the condition of that machine when the truck came so that there was no damage noted and then I was to return the damaged machine with the private carrier.

Three days later, that's what happened. All was well and two years later, I couldn't be happier with the welder. I actually considered painting it blue to match my Syncrowave 200 but thoght better of it. LOL.

My point is that these things are best taken up with the company.That would be either the retailer or the manufacturer. I believe that either of those two would prefer to see that the machine was working and know that you would be out there consuming consumables and welding happily away. They really do want your business in the future.

I feel that a private conversation with the parties involved would have netted the OP a new latch, maybe even got it installed free of charge if the machine were brought to a repair shop.

Publishing such issues serves no useful purpose. Both Miller and Lincoln are stand up companies as far as I can tell and either one would try to help you out.

In my case, Lincoln was really under no obligation to give me a new machine. They could have told me to deal with UPS and then send the machine in for a paid repair since it obviously wasn't their fault. They chose to help out and that's to their credit. I sure won't forget it and I got fixed up without telling anyone other than the parties involved. I suspect that Miller would probably have done the same thing if it had been a Miller welder.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Synchroman; 07-04-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Default What exactly is "LOL"?

Y'all suffering from boredom? The guy is pissed about a flaw that escaped the assembly line.

Seems Miller tried to placate the guy for his inconvenience though.

personally Miller tech support and parts has been very helpful and supportive, they have helped several times with my antique MM200, even helped determine after market parts to replace stuff that was no longer stocked for it at Miller.

And what the bleek does LOL mean?
    Frank
    (aka Fred)
    MM200 (antique and still cook'n)
    Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
    Dynasty 300DX
    Spectrum 625
    Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot.
    Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less
    Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection

Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff

Maybe it's short for Lola, could be his real name? Ha ha ha
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Interesting fact: Schony has posted only twice since 7/2/08 and his only post was flaming Miller.
    The definition of courage. "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through to the end no matter what." From "To Kill a Mockingbird"