Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default What a horrible impression Part 2 LOL!!!!!!!!!

LOL well just thought I would let you guy's know when I was at airgas yesterday I was getting some wire and talking to the guy about the latch... Well when I went to show him what the problem was the welder on display was ALSO BROKEN LOL! He said he was going to call Miller about this problem, just thought I would tell u guy's...

I can't believe you still feel the need to have a subject line like this, but it is starting to sound like a factory defect. Do you have any pics? I would like to check my LWS to see if this is a bigger problem. Don't think everyone is giving you a hard time. But remember you are posting negatively and not just posting a problem with a solution. I'm a problem solver and I would think a fellow Auto Tech would be too. I guess you don't like doing wiring problems. I would reword you Subject Line, but thats me. Starting trouble isn't such a high school thing. Many other forums out there to post like this, but this isn't one of those.
    James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Get on with your welding so we can hear how poor the wire is,and the beads suck and it must be something wrong elsewhere as "certified whatever" is the only answer. Some pic's of future welds would be nice.

Ronnie

dude its a latch... stuff happens. get a new one and get on with welding. if its hurt your feelings so bad return it and get a different brand, it will be your lose. stop nit-picking over a small thing.
    i got my TA-185 with a bad connector on the foot control, i contacted the seller he got me in touch with a service center in my area and got it fixed. i love the welder and am welding not spending all my time complaining about the connector.
    just get it fixed and show us some weld projects instead of complaints. life is too short, don't stress the lil stuff. fix it and start playing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Asbestos underwear needed

I've held off on this sort of reply as long as I can stand to. I'll slip my asbestos suit on before continuing with this reply since I'm sure to be flamed.

A while back, not long ago, there was a thread about how the posts on this forum were down in number. I have no doubt that this is true. I read this and 2 other welding forums daily. This one is definitely down in post count compared to the other 2 which seem to suffer no "it's summer so posts are down" problems.

Now, here's one reason. A new member posted about a problem with his NEW MILLER WELDER. He was not happy. Yes, it's "only" a latch. So be it. So far, I have seen nothing positive in regard to that thread. The member has been flamed and criticized for pointing out what is probably a design flaw or manufacturing defect in regard to his Miller welder. He's probably sorry that he bought Miller and ever came to this forum with his problem. People here used to offer solutions. Now it's just fighting and bickering.

Alright, I have my suit all zipped up now and I'm ready for the flames and attacts from the members that are left here that have not jumped to other forums in the last few months. If you guys don't agree with what I have said, that's fine. Step back and take a look at what's happening on this forum though. BTW, I still run Miller so I am not at issue with Miller Electric in any way.
    Jim

I have to agree with Jim-TX. If it had happened to me Id be pissed too. The seller would have heard from me as soon as I found it. I doubt that I would have posted about it tho.

I dont own an asbestos suit. I will now quietly back out of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-TX View Post
    I've held off on this sort of reply as long as I can stand to. I'll slip my asbestos suit on before continuing with this reply since I'm sure to be flamed.

A while back, not long ago, there was a thread about how the posts on this forum were down in number. I have no doubt that this is true. I read this and 2 other welding forums daily. This one is definitely down in post count compared to the other 2 which seem to suffer no "it's summer so posts are down" problems.

Now, here's one reason. A new member posted about a problem with his NEW MILLER WELDER. He was not happy. Yes, it's "only" a latch. So be it. So far, I have seen nothing positive in regard to that thread. The member has been flamed and criticized for pointing out what is probably a design flaw or manufacturing defect in regard to his Miller welder. He's probably sorry that he bought Miller and ever came to this forum with his problem. People here used to offer solutions. Now it's just fighting and bickering.

Alright, I have my suit all zipped up now and I'm ready for the flames and attacts from the members that are left here that have not jumped to other forums in the last few months. If you guys don't agree with what I have said, that's fine. Step back and take a look at what's happening on this forum though. BTW, I still run Miller so I am not at issue with Miller Electric in any way.
    WOW. Nothing possitive huh? If someone goes out of their way to start trouble, then they better be able to handle it. It was the way he wined about it that bothered me. It's like an exwife calling or fingernails down a chalk board. No one wants to hear it. The post should have read:

Hey I just got my new MM180 with auto set. I was really excited to get it, but when I opened it up I notice it was damaged and could open the latch. I should have looked at it when I bought it, but was to excited to get it home or to the shop to try it out. Called the person I bought it from and they said to call Miller to get the part dropped shipped right to me. Wow Miller is great! Or the person that sold it to me had another and I swapped it out. Problem solved.

But this ASE MASTER TECH with a chip on his shoulder has to keep being a jerk and post stuff like this. He is a spoon feed tech that like to complain cause he didn't get the gravy boat last week and had to work really hard to turn his hours. I've seen it hundreds of times. If you haven't work flat rate or at a dealership I can't expect you to understand. I knew this from his first post but just kept it to myself. I left 2 forums because of people like this.

I too use other forums. We all should post in other forums as much as we want. Why would anyone feel they can only post in this forum about Miller welders? Take the blinders off cause there is a big world out there and you are invited. This is America last time I checked. Miller won't be upset if you post in another forum. You will get to hear different peoples ideas. Nice to hear fresh Ideas.

James
    I hope you don't think I Flamed you because that isn't my attention at all
    Last edited by StillBoostin; 07-03-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Default Well it . . .

Well it appears the non-stop rising of gas prices, food prices & steel prices, a presidential election with two candidates that no one really is excited about and everything else going crazy in the world is eroding the American Dream . . . .

That is what has postings down . . .

Just an opinion . . . please note my posting activity has been quite high for the last 11 months . . . what a coincidence, that is exactly how long I have been unemployed . . . . go figure . . .

Oh yes, one other thing . . . the OP is probably highly irritated since he spent the extra money to buy a quality American Made product & something was wrong with it. While I would not be "complaining" here about a latch if it were me . . . I would probably be bragging about how I privately brow beat customer service at Miller into giving me a nice "Miller denim jacket" for my inconvenience . . . but beating up the brand over something not related to the function of the equipment only makes it that much harder for someone like Miller who has kept jobs here to continue to build good equipment. . . .

Buy a Lincoln, then you can fight with the assistant, assistant manager at LOWE'S . . . . as soon as you explain to her what a welding machine is . . same for when you need service . .

Take care to all,
    Wacko Welder . .
    Last edited by Wacko Welder; 07-03-2008 at 10:35 PM.
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

When I picked up my gloves yesterday I went over to the new miller 180 and the latch was stuck on it as well...you could not open it and they already knew it. They read this guys post...said they saw his point and checked theirs and it was stuck Crazy eh??
    They need to move the latch a touch I believe
    I would have been sorta torqued if my 350P latch had been stuck and if I started noticing it being common I would post that as well...oh yea I just did

Oh yea....there is a lot more hostility on this forum than needed IMO

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Bet he also criticizes/whines about the customers who pay his wages.
    The definition of courage. "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through to the end no matter what." From "To Kill a Mockingbird"