Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

use some of your spare time to make one of these to hold the parts for TIG.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/education...1469#post11469
    keeps the magnet away from the TIG torch and still holds the tab's, works on aluminum also. and with the kind of spare parts you have laying around you could make a realy fancy one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

nice job thats pretty cool. now all it needs is a motor !
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Nice job...........needs some big lights
    and upswept exaust on each side.......cd player.......lcd moniters.....and a beautiful blonde with big............................enthusiam for the sport. Whew!
    Monte, it's getting some of that stuff. Light bar and lights for sure. Just don't know if I want to make the roll bar out of aluminum and polish it, or steel and chrome it. I'm leaning toward steel. Polished aluminum can leave that black film on a clean shirt when you rub up against it. I'm thinking most parents don't want to get the kids any dirtier than they already get on their own.
    Last edited by vectorsolid; 06-19-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    nice job thats pretty cool. now all it needs is a motor !
    Having built projects like this with engines in them, it would have been easier to build it with an engine. On a wagon like this, you'd almost have to make a different wagon top. I'm 5'10" 185 pounds, and I can't really wedge in the wagon top, about an inch to narrow. So most adults wouldn't fit, and that would take the fun out of it. I suppose you could buy 2 of them and section them together so it would end up about 2" wider, and repaint it. Problem is that they are pretty thin and flimsy metal, wouldn't hold up well.

With engine, I'm seeing 125cc 4 stroke, geared to go about 10mph or less. A pitbike engine would be about right.
    Last edited by vectorsolid; 06-19-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vectorsolid View Post
    Having built projects like this with engines in them, it would have been easier to build it with an engine. On a wagon like this, you'd almost have to make a different wagon top. I'm 5'10" 185 pounds, and I can't really wedge in the wagon top, about an inch to narrow. So most adults wouldn't fit, and that would take the fun out of it. I suppose you could buy 2 of them and section them together so it would end up about 2" wider, and repaint it. Problem is that they are pretty thin and flimsy metal, wouldn't hold up well.

With engine, I'm seeing 125cc 4 stroke, geared to go about 10mph or less. A pitbike engine would be about right.
    That is cool ,you must have lots of time on your hands , I seen somewhere there was wagon \ go-kart can`t remeber where it a had a motor!!!

Inferno Forge

Chris

Post wagon with engine

theres one here http://www.millerwelds.com/interests.../just-for-fun/. ive seen a bunch of different designs but none with a suspension lift . guess its tricky to design out of a wagon though.
    welding...its awsome

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    theres one here http://www.millerwelds.com/interests.../just-for-fun/. ive seen a bunch of different designs but none with a suspension lift . guess its tricky to design out of a wagon though.
    That is the one i was thinking a bout I think lol

Inferno Forge

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wireburner View Post
    That is cool ,you must have lots of time on your hands , I seen somewhere there was wagon \ go-kart can`t remeber where it a had a motor!!!
    Not really, just work quickly and effectively (sometimes). This was a case where I got it done on schedule.

Very cool wagon and I like your helping hand tool also( have to steal your idea ) thanks for the pics.