Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default LOL!!!! What a HORRIBLE first impression 180a mig!! How bout some QT?!?!

So i've been saving for a mig for a few months now, I wanted something what was a known good product and something that would last me a LONG time! So I decided to buy a Miller 180 with auto set. Spend about $1000 on the machine, another $200 for the tank, and another $200ish for consumables clamps gloves etc... Get home today to do some welding and I can't even get the door open to put the wire in!!!! The latch is broken LOL!!!! I am so pissed WTF I can pop the latch from the front but I don't have anything long enough to do it with here at the house! I mean come on that's bull**** how about a little quality control??!!??!! Maybe I should take this thing back and get a off brand? Probably about the same quality control miller has! Sorry i'm sure it's going to be an o.k. machine but I spend $1500 sorta want the thing to be good to go out of the box... When I go to work tomorrow and people ask "so how do you like the new welder?" you better bet that I'm not going to have very many nice things to say to people.

Ryan S.
    Fort Collins CO

Ok a latch is broke and you're going to piss and moan like that????
    How friggin shallow is that.

Complain about it when it doesn't weld or wont power up but not when a simple latch is busted.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Ummm... Ya because right now it DOESN'T WELD OR WORK I can't even get to that point in the process.... Get the Point??!?!? Ohhhh Maybe I should just bend the door out and pry it open ahhh good idea i'll get right on that! You just buy a new car almost out of gas go to fill it up latch won't open fuel door.... It's just a simple latch guna be pissed? It sorta leaves you stuck doesn't it???

the machine probly left the factory just fine. the latch was more than likely broken while it was being shipped. miller welders are the best machines on the planet and the $1500 you spent on your machine is nothing compared to the amount of money that can be made with that machine. miller also offers the best service in the industry. im sure if you called miller and told them of your situation they would be more than happy to make good on it. maybe you should go to harbour freight and buy one of their welders... it may be more you speed. in case you havent noticed, every one on this forum takes pride in their equipment and their work

I'm sure he'll simmer down once he runs a few beads with his new machine. Right now he's just a little worked up. It happens to us all from time to time.

Ya, I'm sorry wasn't really trying to bash the performance of this machine in any way, I know it's going to be great and am sure I will love it. It's just I got the machine 2 day's ago, got tank and metal yesterday, got mask clamps gloves and stuff today, was just REALLY excited to do some welding on my FJ40. Doesn't help when my buddies where over here giving me **** and getting me worked up either. Sure I can wait a few more day's. Sorry for the pissie topic didn't mean to offend anyone.

Ryan

Default Dont feel bad

Let me know when your going to go to get it replaced and we can both push our machine through the front doors... My Syncro 200 is ca ca too... ~sigh~
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Can you remove the Case? Seems like it has a couple screws holding it together.

My little Plasma is like that- remove the screws and lift the case off with the carrying handle.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/t225716d_pt_mil.pdf
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Ryan,

A couple of questions, first.

Did you buy it at a LWS and carry it out, or was it shipped to you direct?

If the former, truck it right on back and get a new one! It probably got broken at the LWS's shop.

If the latter, it is probably not Miller Electric's fault.

Either way, when the smoke clears, tell us what was up!

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Good lord, it is a stuck little plastic latch., Pop it open with a butter knife and get a new latch if need be. Life has bumps. If your work mates are like mine when they ask how is the new welder and you say "The plastic door latch was stuck and I could not weld" they are going to laugh their a$$es off.
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.