Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need change

Default need change

im tired of workin at a welding production shop, i need a change anyone got any ideas

Cool

Build a big building, buy a couple of welding machines and few tons of steel and all the related tools and equipment, sink a sign in the yard and be self employed . It was just a thought...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Wear a dress and work nights Welding ain't so bad now is it?

Wink

What they said !
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Smile

ya very funny, its just im bored of building the same bunch of trailers over and over again. and not for good pay i might add , i was just wondering what other avenues i can take

Default need change

Denkab, You don't mention if you have the ways and means to go it alone or if you are looking for another place of employment. You need to tell us what experience you have and what you are capable of doing, before we can give any real serious advice. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Can you weld all different types of metals? If so, you could expand your career into the exotic stuff. Aluminum, Titainium, Stainless, what have you. The choice to go out on your own, vs the choice to do what you know how to best. Take some courses If you feel you are at a dead end. There is much to be learned / welded after one has been hit in the nose with steel.

Just my thoughts.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Cool

I know the feeling. I worked in daddys trailer factory for 8 years dirt cheap doing everything from cutting steel to the finished product. What did i get or learn, a lot. I consider it like going to school because without all that hard work and trying different things to excell i wouldn't have my job now. The only downfall is i couldn't date the boss's daughter ...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

The only downfall is i couldn't date the boss's daughter ...Bob
    why was she your moma too. LOL sorry i just had to do that .
    going out on your own is expensive to start and can end up on your face if not verry carefull.
    do you have anyy equipment of your own ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES