Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: boat dolly

Red face boat dolly

Has anyone else built any boat dollys? I've attached picture of the one I built. Maybe someone has a better idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default where are my glasses...?

Your pics are a little small. I need a magnifying glass to see what youve done. Can you make the pics any bigger? How big a boat you wan tto move?
    Ive got a welded alumunm and it weighs 900 pounds or so.. I have it ona trailer but last month it was capsized in the back yard so I could paint the bottom. Could of used someting other than brute strength to flip it back and reload it on the trailer..
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

The 1st pics are resized so they aren't so big to download. I tried to attach a bigger one but it is too large.

My little boat only weighs @100#. I looked all over the internet, didn't have any luck finding any plans, I just looked at some images of commercial ones. I just used some old 1" tubing to make the frame. I used some 5/8" bolts to bring the to frames snug against the transom, 1/2" rod for axle and pneumatic tires, seems to roll very easy.

Smile

I'm trying a little larger pictures. Should be able to see them now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic