Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thanks Captian I will keep that in mind. Great weldind on the Turbo colector
    Kenny Compton
    Cuttin,Grindin, Weldin, nutten better
    KCRacecars@yahoo.com

Here are some beads

here are my beads

Default First Pics, Hopefully!

Just a repair I did this week on a JD 710 backhoe bucket arms.

Settings:
    Root 93A dig 100% 1/8" 6010
    Hot pass 98A dig 100% 3/32" Arctec 223
    Cover pass 98A dig 100% 3/32" Arctec 223
    Dynasty 200dx 3ph 220

All welds done in position. Uphand 45 deg.

Any advice apreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Failure To Plan On Your Part,
    Is Not An Emergency On My Part!

When you build something Idiot Proof..
    Someone builds a better Idiot!

Scott S.
    Jasper AB
    Canada

Dynasty 200DX

Man for some reason I love the pics of the heavy equitment repairs you guy do. Do you or any one have any more?

Quote Originally Posted by pcwelder View Post
    Just a repair I did this week on a JD 710 backhoe bucket arms.

Settings:
    Root 93A dig 100% 1/8" 6010
    Hot pass 98A dig 100% 3/32" Arctec 223
    Cover pass 98A dig 100% 3/32" Arctec 223
    Dynasty 200dx 3ph 220

All welds done in position. Uphand 45 deg.

Any advice apreciated.
    Thanks

Not currently on the camera, but I can post some here later. Lots of repairs at my shop, when NASA wasn't hiring I think we got all the rocket scientists. Lucky us!!

Scott S.
    Jasper AB
    Canada

Dynasty 200DX

Scott, nice looking welds. If you don't mind me saying so, don't put a 6010 root in next time, keep it all lo-hy, it means you often have to do more of an aggressive prep with the bevel as the root penetration with the lo-hy is not so good, but it is much more resistant to hydrogen embrittlement.

For anyone wanting to see some more heavy equipment photos, I have a bit of my stuff here http://welderstephan.googlepages.com/home Its currently on a free hosting site, so if too many people look at it, it goes blank for a while I plan to transfer it over to a proper site this winter when I get ambitious enough to build a real website. I haven't updated the old one for quite a while now, as I planned to wait until I got the "real" one set up, but..... you can see how well that has gone so far

turbo38t Guest

Lookin at all u pics I wish I could go back and just relax in my chair welding adaptors on 10 yard pc1000 buckets......seemed like it was a day an adaptor.......why did you piece the blade together on that excavator blade? The owner didn't want to spend the money for a bent blade? Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    Scott, nice looking welds. If you don't mind me saying so, don't put a 6010 root in next time, keep it all lo-hy, it means you often have to do more of an aggressive prep with the bevel as the root penetration with the lo-hy is not so good, but it is much more resistant to hydrogen embrittlement.

For anyone wanting to see some more heavy equipment photos, I have a bit of my stuff here http://welderstephan.googlepages.com/home Its currently on a free hosting site, so if too many people look at it, it goes blank for a while I plan to transfer it over to a proper site this winter when I get ambitious enough to build a real website. I haven't updated the old one for quite a while now, as I planned to wait until I got the "real" one set up, but..... you can see how well that has gone so far

Thanks coalsmoke, I use 6010 for the root only because I seem to be able to control it better in out of position stuff. Then once there is some thermal mass i can lay in the 223 (7018) with more confidence. I run 1/8" 223 @ 103 Amps for all my flat and horizontal work, the slag is almost self lifting when the heat is in that 'sweet spot'.

Thanks again will be posting more pics when available.

Scott S.
    Jasper AB
    Canada

Dynasty 200DX

Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    There's some gorgeous pics in there. May I ask what rod you are using to weld the shanks on those excavator buckets?