Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
    oly cow, I'm jealous. Is the first one stainless then the others regular steel? Sweet work man. Dave

Thanks The top three are all mild, the bottom one was from some junk fixtures, so they are some type of tool steel.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    Thanks The top three are all mild, the bottom one was from some junk fixtures, so they are some type of tool steel.

-Josh
    Nice beads, dawg... I mean, dog.
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder

After reading through this thread I don't know if I should even post mine. Some mighty fine weldin' in here.

Even though these are MS TIG welds they may more resemble MIG welds. I learned on a MIG & some stick many years ago, and just recently using TIG. I have a habit of pouring the filler to the weld. I can't seem to get the hang of the "Stacked Dime Look".

turbo38t Guest

My second time messing with stainless. I'm not a tig welder by trade. Only have maybe 20 hours tinkerin time here and there. Making a rack for the leads for my Bobcat. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

MillerMatic 140 Auto Set w/SpoolMate100, .30/4043, 1/8"flat bar to 16guage 3/4" sq tubing. It was set at 5/80. It's my best so far unfortunately it's on a practice peice. I may have posted this before but it still delights me.

Just some passes with the MM251. This thread really makes me want to get better at tig..................

I guess I just need to find somebody that can weld and watch them lay a bead. I've had people explain the technique (laying dimes) and it doesn't seem to work for me.

BTW: When I weld aluminum, I can get the dime look with no problem. go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
    I guess I just need to find somebody that can weld and watch them lay a bead. I've had people explain the technique (laying dimes) and it doesn't seem to work for me.
    Thats what I need to do with tig, I can do steel and get it to go but aluminum is a whole other story (at least for me). Migging aluminum is easy though once you get the machine setup right.

Default weld beads

These are some Tig welds on a 4130 chromoly chassis that I have just completed Tell me what you think? Thanks for all the great threads that are on these forums.
    Kenny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kenny Compton
    Cuttin,Grindin, Weldin, nutten better
    KCRacecars@yahoo.com

KC1,
    Pics are kinda fuzzy. Not bad but could be a touch hotter with a touch more filler.

All,
    Here's a stainless steel turbo collector I did this week: