Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Security door...

I fabricated this in 2004. It's constructed out of square tubing and was welded together using a Lincoln SP135 Plus with 0.35" flux core wire. This was a real challenge to keep aligned. If I thought I had enough clamps, I added more. The door-to-frame had 4 barrel hinges. All this was done in the back yard of our home in Long Beach, CA. Probably my best work yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67

nice job on the door. Bet you got lots of compliments for your work on that one.

Good looking door..

if you do not mind, what material was the door made from?

thanks, Geezer

Geezer, I do have a materials list somewhere. When I find it, I'll post it.

This project took a great deal of time to complete. I looked at security doors at various 'home centers' and was not impressed at what I saw.

I posted this to give folks an idea of what kinds of projects can be accomplished.

Thanks for the compliments...
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67

Attached is a list of materials, in Word format.

The scrolls were hand made with a scroll machine I have.

I don't have to tell anyone that the price of steel has gone up considerably since this project.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67

Nice job, John.

Reminds me some of my old steel door project. A bud gave me two 3-0 doors, but both of my exterior doors turned out to be 2-8!

Well, shhot. I got this here MM135....

Hank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Nice job on your door, Hank! Ain't it great to be a welder? If ya need it and don't have it- ya make it! I need another project...
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67

Thanks for posting the material list. Both doors look great. I have a small project for a door and will probably adopt some of the style you both used. Its on the list when the trailers get finished.

I am assuming when you used Flux it was E71t-1?

It was E71T-11...Lincoln Innershield NR-211-MP
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67

Thumbs up

where did you get the pice the knobs and lock go in ?? or did you make it to ?? i want to make one for my soon to be new back door, but have not seen a lock set pice.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES