Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default New 4'x6' Trailer

Recently finished a trailer for myself 4'x6' thought i would share...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Garage Guy Chris
    equipment:
    -Miller matic 210 w/ spoolgun
    -Syncrowave 180SD

The first one is of my patent warpage tweaker, always get warpage that needs straightened
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Garage Guy Chris
    equipment:
    -Syncrowave 180SD

Nice looking trailer..

Cool

what you planing to haul in it ?? looks like the tung is going to take a lot of weight. how did you decide on axel placement ?? is it going to be a dump bed type ???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Nope not gonna be a dump trailer, the tounge folds up to double as a front stand for the box and save space and in my small garage, no space to waste, its being used to haul around my dirt bike at the moment.

for axle placement I read up on the internet one site had a formula based on load capacity and tounge capacity, others said 60/40 of bed, and another was based on CG and another formula. I ran the numbers and they all came out similar so it was sorta a no brainer. Common sense too
    Garage Guy Chris
    equipment:
    -Syncrowave 180SD

Default Tweekage

Nice looking trailer. Ive built quite a few trailers in my days and the 60/40 theroy seems to be bullet proof. Youve done a fine job putting that trailer together, however i am wondering something... The axle (in picture 025) looks like its "tweeked" the wrong way? maybe its not, just looking out for ya.
    Millermatic 180w/autoset
    Spoolmate 100
    Victor O & A Outfit

Thumbs up

cool 60/40 is the ticket a. i never built one before and was wondering, thanks for the info. looks like you did your home work, always nice to see some one doing some thing's the right way.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Nice trailer, Chris!
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67