Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Gas Powered Welder

I have an older gas powered welder I am trying to find info on. I'm almost certain it is a miller, the model # is DA200AGEL. It has leads you pull out and plug into different holes to change power settings. It is powered by a 18hp twin Onan engine. Any idea how old or what model this may be?

Default Welder

Most likely it was blue-green and came out under the name 'Air Products'. Probably was a Miller AEAD200LE. You can check the serial number. Is that Onan a CCK model? weldersales

Default welder

Thats exactly what it is. It says air products on the face plate and that was throwing me off. The Onan is a ccka-ms/2748J. I know it is older, probley real old, but it does run and halfway weld. I'm cleaning it up and plan on restoring it to like new if I can get parts. Any help or suggestions on parts or resources would help alot.Thanks

Default Welder

That is a cast iron Onan, 16 hp, with automotive type rod bearings in cast iron rods. If you will send serial number we will give age and manual if you desire. Your machine is probably of the age before auto idler - if so, the throttle is three position, 3000 weld, 1800 power, 1000 idle, and there might be a large power/weld knife switch under side - accessible with the hinged side panel. weldersales

Default Welder

The Onan serial # is J780360171 and the welder serial # is HJ216724. The guy I bought it from said it uses some oil, but we got it half way running before I took it and it didn't smoke or act up too bad. That was on very old gas, bad plug wires and all. I would like to find a set of rings for the Onan, and if I do go that far bearings and gasket set too. I also would like the origional exhaust, it has a VW muffler on it. I have cleaned and painted it piece by piece, have it almost reassembled, have new plug wires, fuel lines and filter, ect. and plan on trying it out the next day or two. I just don't want to mess with anything major till I find out about parts.

I have this same welder at home did you find any information out about it or where to get the parts?

Default Gas powered welder

I has the same welder at my friends home...