Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Talking

Sure I'll fix anything in under 10 minutes anyware on the globe! I'll just teleport myself to you'r location, whip out my magic wand and say "Abra Cadabra!" And I'll do it for $5.00 too.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    Winger Ed.
    LOL i like it, lets get a warentee on the flue shot.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Winger Ed.
    Well,,,,,,,,,

We're not pioneering some new Science or Medical Frontier here.

A little yank to 'set' it.
    .....Wrap 85 cents worth of plaster on the limb.... and its done--- right?

How hard can it be anyway?

Heck, I'd be willing to pay,,, maybe $20 bucks to have a broken bone fixed.

Don't laugh,,,, that's how these folks see the world....

i wonder if anyones ever tried to use coupons for that kind of stuff . they try everything else

what do ya think they use when they put a plate in a spine or baddly broken lag/arm?? SS coopons and a few screw's. they should probly weld it insted of the screw's but i dont think they could figure out how to work the TIG setup, after all they are only doctor's. so screws will have to do.
    dads had a plate and some screws in his foot before . problem with welding it was ya cant weld steel to bone
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I frequently drop a little project on thier desk, say, "Give that a few minutes to cool off", then go back to the bowels of the shop while its still smoking.

But these really are little 5-10 minute things,
    and the shop is already set up for them.
    Plus I have a excellent network of spies,,,,, and they often give me advance notice of what's coming so I can get a head start, or even have something done before I'm officially asked for it.

Oh, I love to do that! Give someone a part that's still hot and tell them to let it "marinate" for a few minutes; that always pleasantly surprises them
    The problem for me though is that I get asked to do so many different things that my shop isn't always set up for it. I can be welding on a tractor one day and building aluminum flower pots the next day. I still need to find my niche market...

I get asked to do so many different things that my shop isn't always set up for it. I can be welding on a tractor one day and building aluminum flower pots the next day. I still need to find my niche market...

i think i might just have to stick out a welding sign and see if`i can find me one of them niche's.

weld_13
    ya dont weld to bone son ya cut 2 each 1/2's and wrap it and weld it in place, you got a lot to lern about medicine if'ens ya wana be a welder.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

EXCELLENT THREAD! My 2 cents:
    Dabar39: I think I'll make up a bunch of 50% coupons and pass them out in your area I"m dying to know what you did to that guys job when he said take what I give you or go home with nothing !!!
    I'm a softy, so I wouldn't take a nickel from him, and just say, "I'm sorry to have caused you grief..." Get his license plate number, and a month later, call the cops saying it's a stolen vehicle !!! Oh well, if you have "nicer" ways to get even, send me a private message

If any customer calls you back the next day, telling you "ok, you fix it" (after knowing they called everyone else), I think you have enough business to tell them, "sorry, got new jobs, don't have time for you now, how's about 3 weeks? I have time then!"

regarding shop rates as people ask questions, give advice, etc. too bad people don't take that seriously!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

My wife got her masters in Social Work. I tell her all these "professionals":
    Higher their degree is, the more common sense they lose...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Higher their degree is, the more common sense they lose...
    i agree 110%
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

As others have said, good to read through this just to know I'm not alone...

My grandfather used to say "He's so educated he's lost all his common sense..." Ain't that the truth!
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 250X
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1100

Quote Originally Posted by PAToyota View Post
    My grandfather used to say "He's so educated he's lost all his common sense..."
    My Grandfather lived from 1888 to 1963,
    and his term like that was saying someone was, 'An educated fool'.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    My Grandfather lived from 1888 to 1963,
    and his term like that was saying someone was, 'An educated fool'.

Ive heard alot of times too. Thats really all that some people are sadly
    welding...its awsome