Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

if thats the way he takes care of his trailor what makes you think you wont end up on the side of the road in his broken Van 1/2 way there i supose the repair to the van would be free cuzz you need it to get home right, and no dought it would be your equipments extra wait that caused it right. , what a nutball. i wonder if he tells his Dr. how long it should take for him to set a broken bone??? or stich up a cut???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i wonder if he tells his Dr. how long it should take for him to set a broken bone??? or stich up a cut???
    Well,,,,,,,,,

We're not pioneering some new Science or Medical Frontier here.

A little yank to 'set' it.
    .....Wrap 85 cents worth of plaster on the limb.... and its done--- right?

How hard can it be anyway?

Heck, I'd be willing to pay,,, maybe $20 bucks to have a broken bone fixed.

Don't laugh,,,, that's how these folks see the world....

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

your forgetting about the time required to fab up a nice steel frame to wrap that plaster on. how about $25.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Smile

This is a funny thread, I feel much better knowing I'm not alone with all the idiots Lots of nice people too but it only takes a few idiots to stand out. We were talking about colleges earlier and my thought on that is this. When you go to college, its to get a "trade". oops I said a dirty word I mean the diploma you get is actually worth nothing. Its the knowledge of a subject that is what you get paid for. So to me, when your kids are going through high school encourage them to get a skill. Welder, Doctor, Mechanic, Dentist, Electrcian, Teacher, it doesnt matter, really all are skills. To me you have to go to college to get some skills, [ "on the job training for Doctors"ha ha ] But some you dont need college , always good to start with a trade school though. It really doenst matter as long as you've learned a skill [trade] you'll make a living. Its ridiculous to go to school and come out with a degree that you can't get a job for. "You can have a masters in english literature, but work as a hotel manager", what a waste of money. Funny is they still think they are smarter than us. We have some great friends that are teachers and I tease them about this. They dont agree that any job or skill learned is a trade. Some jobs are professionals they say. We get into some great arguments over higher learning....
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Well,,,,,,,,,

i wonder if anyones ever tried to use coupons for that kind of stuff . they try everything else
    welding...its awsome

Some jobs are professionals
    so are they implying a welder or carpenter are not professionals ?? lets see them build a house or weld togather an airplane, i think not. so are they stupid, or just one of many profetions.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Well, I didn't think it would happen but I got a legitimate 20 minute welding job today! They guy dropped the part off and said it's should be a pretty quick and easy job. He didn't tell me how long it "should" take me though becasue he runs a backhoe service and knows better than to imply anything like that. I took my time and still only spent 20 minutes total on it.
    Is this a once in a lifetime thing or does this happen regualrly for all you guys who have been doing this for awhile??

Quote Originally Posted by dabeldesign View Post
    Is this a once in a lifetime thing or does this happen regualrly for all you guys who have been doing this for awhile??

Most of the folks I work with think my welding and fabrication skills are some sort of wizardry or a black art.

I work for a safe company-- we're talking about a steel box with 5 or 6 moving parts to lock/unlock it... It really is (mostly) very simple things that I do.

They'll often puzzle, fret, and ponder over trying to figure something out, where to get a part, how to modify a part, etc. After finally bringing it to me, I'll often look at and tell them, "No problem. I can make one of those,,, Should take about 20 minutes, I'll have it done before Lunch"--- I say this when its about 10:00AM.

And it just blows them away when I almost beat them back to thier office with thier little project item, and its still hot. I frequently drop a little project on thier desk, say, "Give that a few minutes to cool off", then go back to the bowels of the shop while its still smoking.

But these really are little 5-10 minute things,
    and the shop is already set up for them.
    Plus I have a excellent network of spies,,,,, and they often give me advance notice of what's coming so I can get a head start, or even have something done before I'm officially asked for it.

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 07-05-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Circa 1920.
    Author:

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    i wonder if anyones ever tried to use coupons for that kind of stuff . they try everything else
    I don't know about that, but I sure ask my Doctor and Dentist about what sort of warranty they give on various procedures like a Dental Crown. And if a medication doesn't work, "Are ya gonna clip me for another Office Visit Fee is this stuff don't work".

It shocks the heck out of them the first time or two.
    But I've saved a few 2nd visit fees over the years when I've had to come back to the Doctor.

And the Dentist now boasts to his other patients about his 5 year warranty on Crowns.

Circa 1920.
    Author:

Winger Ed.
    LOL i like it, lets get a warentee on the flue shot.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Winger Ed.
    Well,,,,,,,,,

what do ya think they use when they put a plate in a spine or baddly broken lag/arm?? SS coopons and a few screw's. they should probly weld it insted of the screw's but i dont think they could figure out how to work the TIG setup, after all they are only doctor's. so screws will have to do.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES