Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

mm56 Guest

Default what size of wire for 210mm

i was woundering if anyone knew what size of wire i needed to run for a 210, and what size of breaker.

thanks

30 AMP....wire size depends on the distance from the panel........10 is fine, but 8 is great........just my 2 cents........others with more true knowledge of electrical wiring will chime in soon enough.
    Mike
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Default wire size

It all would depend on how far you are from the panel box, but in most cases a 8 or 10 wire would be sufficient and I would go for a 30 to 50 amp breaker, again that would depend on your particular set up. You may want to check with the local codes or an electrician just to cover yourself (for insurance purposes) in the unlikely event of an electrical fire
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

#10 wire and a 30A breaker will be fine. If you were really short on cash, you could use #12 wire, and label the receptacle for "WELDER USE ONLY." The machine won't mind, and the wire will be fine because of the machine's duty cycle (safe and legal per NEC Article 630.)

If you'll ever upgrade, or use the receptacle for other things, let me know. Now's the time to make it do anything.

just wanted to say welcome to the site.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES