Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

personaly i would not buy the digital, i like the regular elite because there are in between shades, and with the digital its either 10 or 11, with the analog dials you will find inside the regular elite you have the ability to do in between shades, such as 10.5 or 11.5. what do you think?

Default Elite Settings

There are settings between 9 and 12 on my helmet. The auto on and off are awesome! This is my third auto shade helmet, non have come from Harbor Freight. The elite is light and has solar assistance, so your battery last for a long time(3000 hours).
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Quote Originally Posted by smithdj View Post
    personaly i would not buy the digital, i like the regular elite because there are in between shades, and with the digital its either 10 or 11, with the analog dials you will find inside the regular elite you have the ability to do in between shades, such as 10.5 or 11.5. what do you think?

thats the first time i have heard that argument made! i can see the upside of having an infinate adjustment, my older hobart hood is the same. I would still take my d-elite over it though, i think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages (the only one i can think of is the lack of a knob). I can also say that the shade settings are easy to set and stay where you put them on the digital.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

My new digital showed up yesterday but the outside tempts. were over 100

+or - a bunch of degrees!!!!
    So..........
    I haven't tested it in the real world yet.