Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Alright already.... I changed my order to the "digital" as it hadn't shipped yet. I am sure it will be fine either way but now I got the cream of the crop.

Grumple
    Oxy/Ac Large Tanks
    Miller Swinger AC 180 (SOLD)
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX Runner with Pulser

Smile I have a Miller Elite

I have a Miller Elite with the knobs you turn. I guess that is non-digital. Unless something is wrong, I think mine stays "ready" all the time. I set at 10, back sensitivity to light conditions . . . As soon as I strike an arc I go dark . . . Lay it down for an hour or so, put it on, strike an arc, it goes dark . . Am I supposed to be turning it on or readying it?

Seems to work perfectly . . . .

Steve (Extreme Newby)
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko Welder View Post
    I have a Miller Elite with the knobs you turn. I guess that is non-digital. Unless something is wrong, I think mine stays "ready" all the time. I set at 10, back sensitivity to light conditions . . . As soon as I strike an arc I go dark . . . Lay it down for an hour or so, put it on, strike an arc, it goes dark . . Am I supposed to be turning it on or readying it?

Steve (Extreme Newby)
    Your's is the the older Elite. The new digital you have to turn on after 15min. I wish the digital was auto on.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko Welder View Post

Steve (Extreme Newby)
    Something might be wrong with mine or I may have to change the sensitivity.
    Sometimes it "auto" on's and sometimes not.
    I usuall strike an ark or two and if it doesn't darken I push the reset button and it does.
    I went ahead and ordered a digital elite for the house yesterday morn. and the regular elite is still under warranty so I may send it back if the sensitivity thing doesn't work.
    Randall

no sensitivity setting should stop it from darkening when exposed to an arc! I might try a new battery if i were you.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Sorry to say my elite went flying across the shop when it wouldnt darken while I was welding a rollcage that was in a tight spot no matter the sensitivity. This had happen more than once and I just had enough. I went with the 4 sensors cause I had had trouble with other helmets with anything less.
    It held up though and now belongs to a good friend of mine, it was a great gift. I am now back to the oldskool $30 huntsman. Im not going to waste another $300+ for the digital. Its good to hear everyone else is happy with thiers.

Quote Originally Posted by boldfabrication View Post
    Sorry to say my elite went flying across the shop when it wouldnt darken while I was welding a rollcage that was in a tight spot no matter the sensitivity. This had happen more than once and I just had enough. I went with the 4 sensors cause I had had trouble with other helmets with anything less.
    It held up though and now belongs to a good friend of mine, it was a great gift. I am now back to the oldskool $30 huntsman. Im not going to waste another $300+ for the digital. Its good to hear everyone else is happy with thiers.
    The new fix shade MP-10 would be a great option for you. It is the same hood and headgear as the Elite's just a fix shade 10 or 11 or 12.4x4 window. Cheap too $33.47 bucks onEbay plus shipping (weldfabulous). Think I'm going to get one this week. Not sure if I'll get the fire or the pain black though.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...lmets/mp10.php
    Last edited by StillBoostin; 06-15-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

for 33 bucks you should buy one to throw next time an auto dark gives you a problem!! much cheaper and just as satisfying.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

This I know thats why it was a gift and I went back to the $33 helmet which is always dark so I shouldnt have a problem. BTW it held up nice, worked like nothing ever happened which does say something about the durability of it, just not my cup of tea .

Default Miller Elite

Elite, Elite, and Elite! The best on the market, you won't go wrong.
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!