Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question brazing/sodering?

ok well ive got heavy sodering to do and was wondering if anyone had any experience with those little pencil torches? i was thinkin about gettin one of the like $3 ones from hf to see if it would work instead of an exspensive sodering gun. thanks
    welding...its awsome

Cool those little pencil torches

I have one they are good for small electrical jobs like the connectors with heat shrink.if you have fine work to do and you need a pencil type point then by all means get one but spend $12.00 they are refilable with butane or get the one that the plumbers use.In the blue bottle buy them from crapy tire.I'm sure that you have seen them.

I've used the cheapo's and none worked very well. I spent the bucks on a Weller Pyropen 10 years ago, and never looked back. I've soldered everything from circuit boards to gauge 2 battery cables with it, no problem. Worth every penny.

yep i gotta agree skip the cheepo. i picked up one just to play with to see if i could find a use for it. would probly be verry usefull if it would take a fill and not leak out in about 15 sec.
    spend a lil more and get a decent one, especily if you have some work for it.
    sears is haveing its fathers day sail, probly pick up a decent one during that for a good price, i'm planing to look into it myself and i dont even have a use for it yet. but that could change if i get a decent one.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES