Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Little aluminum project

Finally got the pictures back of a little aluminum project I made the other day. It's a tray for my dad to hold mail with at work (he's a mailman). Sheared the pieces (bought a piece of crop from a local shop for 5 dollars )up and held them in place while tacking. The top two welds turned out nicely but the vertical was a little awkward.

It was done at the college using a Lincoln 205 inverter tig. (I was more than a little disapointed with the Lincoln, my Dynasty has way more b@lls running of 2 legs of 3-phase than it did on 3-phase. Plus the lincoln's output is reduced when the frequency and AC balance are changed. ) 1/8 Lanthanated and 1/8 5356 filler.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Thanks for the pics and the info on the Lincoln. Just makes me even happier I choose Miller. So it will hold the mail in the mail vehicle or in the hand pouch?

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by StillBoostin View Post
    Thanks for the pics and the info on the Lincoln. Just makes me even happier I choose Miller. So it will hold the mail in the mail vehicle or in the hand pouch?

James
    It's actually to hold in his hand when he is walking. They are changing the way the mail is sorted and therefore how it will be held, the mail will no longer be folded. It will support the mail bundle and rest on his arm, instead of having to squeeze the mail with his thumb all day. Hopefully it will preven any repetitive strain injuries from arrising. He's in his fifties and been out there for over 15 years, so his body needs all the help it can get.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long