Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Stainless steel Mig. Sorry all you tiggers out there.

I have some .030 316L solid wire SS the gas is tri mix argon helium and co2.Is that right?
    I also have some .045 flux core 316L SS wire the gas is c25 is that right?

It's not that I dont know it's I'm second guessing myself when my welding supplier stopped by today.

I thought it was C02 for the flux core and 95%argon 5%helium for the solid wire.

flux core depends on the wire, manufacturer's ushally specify what mix works best, c25 sounds right to me

there are many differant blends of gas for use with ss hardwire, most are tri-mix
    mm210
    maxstar 150

i was told try-mix for SS MIG work. never got around to trying it though, got a TIG insted.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

http://www.weldreality.com/stainlesswelddata.htm

The guy definitely has some experience, but it seems he also has an axe to grind and he does plagiarize some of his articles, but it's worth reading and you're sure to learn something.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-16-2007 at 10:17 AM.

ajay Guest

Default 98% Ar and 2% oxygen mix gives a better weld.Pls try.

98% Ar and 2% oxygen mix gives a better weld.Pls try.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmik View Post
    I have some .030 316L solid wire SS the gas is tri mix argon helium and co2.Is that right?
    I also have some .045 flux core 316L SS wire the gas is c25 is that right?

It's not that I dont know it's I'm second guessing myself when my welding supplier stopped by today.

I thought it was C02 for the flux core and 95%argon 5%helium for the solid wire.

When I've had to weld SS using GMAW, I've used Blue Shield 9 shielding gas. I know this doesn't mean anything to most welding forum users out there due to it being a product name, but that is the mix offered by Air Liquide here in Canada. I can't remember the mix ratios, but it is a tri mix if I stand correct. Blue Shield 9 is used for short curcuit and globular transfer modes. I don't know of the proper gas to use with FCAW SS welding. For spray transfer, a different mix is used other than the Blue Shield 9.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Cool Hey Mac

Hey Mac Sorry I jumped to a wrong conclusion and yes I did so again sorry
    It's just that there has been so much crap going on well you know! so it's hard to figure out who means well and who's just a sh!t disturber.
    Last edited by Darmik; 06-16-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Darmik, I'm lost. Did you think I was referring to you? I was talking about the guy that wrote the webpage I had referred you to in the same post.

As for the picture, I'm not Canadian, so it just looks like a scrapbook to me.

Cool Hey Mac

Please read #7 forgive me

Oops, didn't see it, sorry! Not even after I posted; it just shot me to the bottom of the page.