Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Fast cars I've worked on.

I thought I'd change things up a bit here.

For those of you that know me from this forum, I'm usually posting in the projects page with some decorative metal projects. Well, I'm really a motorsports junkie at heart.
    I came across a couple of old pics of some cars I've helped out on. These were cars my father was engineering at the time. Every-so-often I'll lend a hand where needed.

They aint NASCAR or 1/4 mile cars, but they sure get around the track in a hurry.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like fun stuff!!!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Chris,

what are those cars? Seemed to be scaled down??
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

The open wheel car is a Formula Atlantic. This one had a 4 cylinder Toyota motor. It is all carbon fibre monocoque chassis and body.

The closed wheel car is a sports racer, made by Swift. At the time, this had a 4 cylinder Cosworth in it. This car is an aluminium tub with carbon fibre bodywork. When set-up properly these cars really get around. Power:weight.

Chris,

these are really nice machines. on my "to do" list is a go cart for my grandson. one of these would really be the ticket, but too much for him..

good work, Geezer

Cool did they let you take them out on the track. hehe

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by StillBoostin View Post
    Cool did they let you take them out on the track. hehe

James
    Yeah, right.

These are serious machines...

I really liked the sports racer, which was run in a Pro series.
    In all honesty, I didn't do much on these cars- welded up some sway bars and some jigs for tests, etc. I did, however, get to witness the evolution and development of different racing cars over the years and have a real appreciation for all that goes into a winning vehicle.