Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question

I guess this means we don't get a photo?
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Ferrari fender badges are not welded to the vehicle. They have a post/nut installation, on a proper factory fender. Factory installed badges are also set into a 1mm recession on the fender, so give a slightly more flush appearance.

Genuine, original Ferrari parts will be installed like this, however there are some aftermarket versions which use a double-sided 3M tape.

Ricambi America shows the full exploded diagrams for most Ferraris parts on-line. An example of the badges is shown here:

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/parts_...=&V=diag&I=615

p.s. Newer cars are all aluminum bodied, and from 1999- have alumium structural frames.

Ferrari Fan, I did not weld the badge to the fender I welded the indented pc that the badge sets inside of to the fender, The fender on the car was smooth so I cut the indented pc out of a damaged fender and put it in the existing cars fender.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    Ferrari Fan, I did not weld the badge to the fender I welded the indented pc that the badge sets inside of to the fender, The fender on the car was smooth so I cut the indented pc out of a damaged fender and put it in the existing cars fender.
    Who says you don't know what you're dooing?

Good job, I say!

For future Ferrari questions, you cannot beat the resources here: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/

You have my respect; I only carry $1,000,000.00 liability and work on $50,000.00 cars
    Randy Forbes
    Sports Cars Plus, LLC
    BMW M Coupe/Rdstr S p e c i a l i s t (weird censorship)
    Toledo, Ohio
    Spectrum 625
    Millermatic 175
    Dynasty 200DX
    www.spcarsplus.com/gallery

Talking

Gawd I love this forum. Nice Job.

What model ferrari was it? Got any more pics? I tell you a dang ferrari challenge. Replace a water pump and belts on a 355GT. YOu have to drop the entire engine just to get to it and it takes 3-4 months to get the pump from italy.. 8(
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Sorry I diddnt take any pictures of the job.