Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    But if you go to the link and click on "all sizes" and then "original" you'll see how clear this pic turned out at high res! I'm stoked.

-Josh
    Ok...that was WAYYY TOOO much of a closeup!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao........
    which model camera did you get??
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ok...that was WAYYY TOOO much of a closeup!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao........
    which model camera did you get??
    bert
    I got a Canon PowerShot SD780 IS

The best pics are still taken by my buddy, but my pics are turning out better now!

I've never noticed a name for your dog and maybe you should mention some stuff about your dog in your about page(my wife was asking about that and she loves your work)

Quote Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
    I've never noticed a name for your dog and maybe you should mention some stuff about your dog in your about page(my wife was asking about that and she loves your work)
    This is part of my "About" page

http://www.browndogwelding.com/about/

The name for my business comes from combining two of my loves: welding and my dog Woodson! My wife Darla and I rescued him from a no kill shelter in December of 2002. He is a wonderful mutt, part boxer and part american staffordshire terrier. It saddens and angers me to see the insane number of “bully breed” dogs that are backyard bred, abused, fought, and neglected. You can walk into any animal shelter in America and find a swelling number of these misunderstood animals standing on death row. And now with the economic woes that are striking our country, especially in our great state of Michigan, pets of all shapes and sizes are being abandoned at an alarming rate. We, as humans, domesticated these creatures. We have a responsibility to care for and protect them.

At least 10% of Brown Dog Welding’s profits will be split between Home Fur-Ever (www.homefurever.com), where we found Woodson, and Lifebuilders, a non-profit organization in Detroit. If you are interested in making any additional donations please contact me, and I can direct you to the proper people!
    A bunch if pics of him are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7605736079853/

Thank you very much for that!

I know there were a few metro-Detroit guys that have posted in here, so I wanna through this up for you:

(click here for a bigger version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...95725/sizes/l/)

you do good art work but how is your repair skills.

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    you do good art work but how is your repair skills.
    A big part of my job was doing repair work when I was at Chrysler. I did a little bit of everything: hydraulic cylinders off of fork lifts, tool steel fixtures from honing machines, coolant piping, ss dyno exhaust, aluminum fixtures, patching conveyors, fixing ss doors, so on and so forth. Taking something that is jacked up and making it work again is fun

Here is a piece I fixed off of a chiropractor's table. Cast aluminum, someone had "repaired" it by welding all the way around the crack. That obviously didn't hold. I v-ed it out and re-welded it.

Before:

After:

Some more al repair pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7605186668067/

I don't really have pics of much repair work.