Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

I am impressed with your work. The creativity and details are amazing. You have also mastered the use of the Internet for promoting your business. When you Google “Brown Dog Welding”, the first five pages show all the different ways you have promoted your business. I like your article in TheFabricator.com.
    Zann

your stuff points out that you have a pretty sharp imagination. you should have got that dynasty 200dx years before you did. Ron Robb said he ran into you at the autorama, looks like you got the promotion/marketing down pat. I just got laid off at Mack II and picked up at Warren Truck. Bruce and Steve have been there a while now. Mack I and II will be all wrapped up by this time next year... or even sooner.
    XMT 350 w/ S-75 DXA Feeder
    and a Bernard 300 gun
    Optima Pulsing Pendant
    XR-W wire feeder + Coolmate 4
    with an XR-W Edge Gun

Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    Regular Passport

Dynasty 200DX
    Trailblazer 301G w/Freak Box &
    S-32P volt sensing wire feeder

Spectrum 1000 Plasma
    Spectrum 375 Xtreme Plasma
    Regular Spectrum 375 Plasma

Victor H315FC torch & accessories
    Victor 100FC torch & accessories
    Meco torch & accessories by Kent White

Quote Originally Posted by Zann View Post
    I am impressed with your work. The creativity and details are amazing. You have also mastered the use of the Internet for promoting your business. When you Google “Brown Dog Welding”, the first five pages show all the different ways you have promoted your business. I like your article in TheFabricator.com.
    Zann
    Thanks man! I spend a lot of time and energy on the internet/social media side of things, and a lot of "metal" guys don't quite get that. I did my 1st show recently(the Detroit Autorama), and a few guys that I talked to were thinking "I can do that, I'll just make stuff and set up a table and rake in the money." And I would just tell them to go for it

Quote Originally Posted by t1113rs View Post
    your stuff points out that you have a pretty sharp imagination. you should have got that dynasty 200dx years before you did. Ron Robb said he ran into you at the autorama, looks like you got the promotion/marketing down pat. I just got laid off at Mack II and picked up at Warren Truck. Bruce and Steve have been there a while now. Mack I and II will be all wrapped up by this time next year... or even sooner.
    Thanks Ron. Yeah, I saw a few of the fellas from the plant that weekend. Bruce's wife's shop does my hats, and she mentioned to me last week they are shutting down the plants. I lost Steve's # when I switched phones, tell him I said wassup! I saw your partner at the post office a few weeks back.

I love my Dynasty! I still appreciate you letting me try yours out before I got mine. Chris Wilson has a used Dyn 350 he just got in at the store, but I'm not really in a position to drop the coin for that right now.

Here's a trophy I did for a fantasy football league:

A local paper did a cool write up with a nice picture spread on BDW. You'll have to excuse the "definition" of "tig" welding....I think something got lost in translation lol. I thought the rest of the piece was pretty cool: http://marketplace.macombdaily.com/S...4&facing=false

Couple recent projects:

After the GT piece I was commissioned to do a 2011 GT500 Shelby Cobra: http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7624231970728/

Here are my last 3 Year of the Chopper sculptures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7623308567689/

I'm nearing the end of the Year of the Chopper project, we've sold about half of the pieces so far and raised over 2k! Only one more week left. Here week 51's bike:

And this year's piece for Bras for a Cause:

The last 16 sets or so are from after the last update on this thread: http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndogwelding/sets/

The last Year of the Chopper is finished, and it sold last night!

The 52nd and last Year of the Chopper by Brown Dog Welding, on Flickr

I can't really post pics of the stuff I do at work...but here is a practice piece I did when I was stressed out last night.

This is how I relax :)

Thumbs up nice

This is how I relax

[/QUOTE]

That my friend, is art at its simpliest and finest; almost spiritual...
    MM211
    Cutmaster 52
    1953 Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln 225 AC
    Spoolmate 200
    Smith oxy/ace
    Ancient Peerless-
    6X6 drawcut hacksaw