Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Updated the "new" page with a few new bikes: http://www.browndogwelding.com/new/

My buddy came over and got some shots of me in the shop. Here are a couple...

You surely know how to advertise, exposer exposer.
    Nice pics

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    You surely know how to advertise, exposer exposer.
    Nice pics
    I'm learning! I'm doing what I can without spending $$ right now. The new social media(twitter/facebook/flickr) is great, you've just got to be smart with it.

I was having a hard time getting into a project I was messing with the other day, and I found a couple of old fillet coupons only welded on one side. I haven't done much welding other than the sculptures and a few repair jobs, so I put down a few practice lines. Nothing crazy, just flat.

Default Practice makes perfect.....

Don't worry buddy, with a little more practice, it'll come out better...

yeesh...........with a LOT more practice, mines will look like that!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Nicely walked, now lets see one without walking the cup.

Nicely walked, now lets see one without walking the cup.
    Ha! Honestly, one of the reasons I like walking the cup is because I'm so freaking shaky. Bad eyes, shaky, it's a miracle I can weld at all

Here's a buckle I just finished:

right on buddy
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

I dont dont do enough tig, I should start doing more. We have the equipment at the shop but rarely use it because of the size of job I get to do.
    What's your set up for the tig when your walking the cup?
    Size of cup? rod, tungsten etc... You make me want to do some tig welding.
    Your very talented bud keep it up.

I dont dont do enough tig, I should start doing more. We have the equipment at the shop but rarely use it because of the size of job I get to do.
    What's your set up for the tig when your walking the cup?
    Size of cup? rod, tungsten etc... You make me want to do some tig welding.
    Your very talented bud keep it up.
    On those last couple of pieces I was using my Dynasty 200, 3/32 tungsten and 3/32 filler. Really 1/8" filler would have been better, but I was just screwing around and this is what I had. I can't remember the cup size, maybe an 8? Really you just need to get it set up so that you're comfortable with it, and so the edge of the cup stays outside of the toe lines, at least on fillets like those.

Most of the other pics on my site were using a Synchrowave 350, with different sizes electrodes, cups, ect. Pipe is where it's at, I wish I had some pics of that. Not much beats a pretty walked cover pass on a pipe.