Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

I will definitely share my progress as time goes on!

Bob, like I said before, we are on the same wavelength

I've got a local wine shop that has a couple of locations carrying a few racks. I haven't really gone out to sell the stuff to shops too much, but that could definitely happen in the future. I like the idea of putting together a pamphlet of what I can do and sending it out to local wine shops and wineries, as we have a pretty nice wine industry a couple hours away up in Traverse City. The personalized plate idea is a good one!

I've had a few friends bug me to get my bikes into the local harley dealers, and I may do that sometime too. Right now I'm selling them pretty well through my site, and through my site I get close to 100% of the profits Going through dealers/stores I'd get 60-75%. Obviously I could make up for that in volume, but I'm not really into volume yet! I make every single bike different, I name and number each one, and I think that's part of the appeal. That's where me trying "making choices in how I do things" that I mentioned in the last post comes in. I'd like to carve out a niche doing everything one off, and I think I'm off to a decent start. We will see how I maintain!

Mooseman and Muskt, thanks for checking the site out

Awesome stuff on that site man. I give huge amounts of credit to you for being creative enough to think some of those things up.

Quote Originally Posted by super95awd View Post
    Awesome stuff on that site man. I give huge amounts of credit to you for being creative enough to think some of those things up.
    Thanks man

I've got a page up for some of my shirts/hats/ect. up. There isn't a tab for it yet on my site, I may mess around with the pics yet, and the sizes are limited right now with the shirts(I need to order some more), but I think I got the basic setup right. Let me know what you think!

http://www.browndogwelding.com/brown-dog-welding-gear/

I've got a buddy getting into photography, he took pics of some stuff last week, here are a couple of them just for the heck of it:

-Josh

Hey Josh, I like that you got the shirts and beanies up on your site, but I think you should downscale on the wording that describes the cotton blend, etc. TOO LARGE I'm thinking at all other websites that we see (ok, mostly welding), but look at the comparison/size of the fonts for the descriptions, compared to the size of their pics.
    Glad you are doing well with it though, just KEEP IT UP DOOOOGGGGG
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Hey Josh, I like that you got the shirts and beanies up on your site, but I think you should downscale on the wording that describes the cotton blend, etc. TOO LARGE:D I'm thinking at all other websites that we see (ok, mostly welding), but look at the comparison/size of the fonts for the descriptions, compared to the size of their pics.
    Glad you are doing well with it though, just KEEP IT UP DOOOOGGGGG:D
    bert
    Thanks, I'll look into changing that....and for your viewing pleasure, last weekend's project:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7615270540985/

Last edited by jdustu; 03-17-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Default New Site is Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    It's been a few months in the works, but my new site is up and it turned out pretty sweet. Let me know what you think!

www.browndogwelding.com

-josh
    The boy definitely has talent.

yeah! the boy has talent!!! Best I could do, is making a stick man out of 1/4" round bar.....lol.....and a washer......
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thanks guys

I did a dragster and another bike last week, pics are up on the site!

If anyone is on Twitter, look me up under BrownDogWelding

I spent some time cleaning up my myspace page tonight:www.myspace.com/browndogwelding

And feel free to check out me out here too: Brown Dog Welding facebook