Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Railing lnstallation

A couple a few weeks ago I posted some pics in someone else's thread about railings, anyways I got an e-mail last night from a forum member asking to see the completed project.

Bad news is the builder is way behind schedule and all of the railings are not in place yet but I was able to get in the house and install the staircase railings. The top rails are going to have a piece of Cherry installed on top of them once they get the wood shaped the way they want it.

I can't do the outside deck railings yet because they haven't taken out the staircase yet or added the 4 foot to the width of it. I'll post the before pics of the deck and when they get around to finishing the deck I'll post the completed pics but, they are talking about being 6 weeks away from being ready for them.

The house also has three small decks off the back of the house that they had me measure out for a quote to replace the wooden railings with the same as the others I did. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default deck railings

Here's the railings for out front of the house and where they will be going after they remove the staircase and extend it out 4 foot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

I remember the amount of time it takes for some of those railings to do a nice job like you have. Excellent work & thanks for sharing.
    252 Miller Mig
    180 Synchrowave
    R - 45 Milling Machine
    Kingston 1100 Lathe
    Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

Thumbs up

Nice job. Thanks for sharing. Railings do take time.

dabar39.............as usual...........good work
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Very nice job! Most people cannot begin to understand the time spent on projects such as this and therfore want you to buy all material, build and install for nothing.

Awsome job!! i would like to learn how to do railings like that, is there a book somewhere on how to start? where do you get the matls for it, any help would be great!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

These railings were actually pretty quick and easy to build as I have less than 4 days total into building them, and a couple of hours on site to install the staircase railings and that includes measuring out the rear of the house for more railing work on 3 decks and some b.s. time with the G.C. who is a friend of mine.