Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Does Miller or Hobart make this????

I have a question about this mig welder. The automotive tool guy I buy from is selling this welder. His distributor claims that Miller makes it. I have told him what I now from the Hobart forums about it. He, however, called his distributor again and they reassured him it is a Miller Electric mig welder. I am trying to help out my friend of many years, so if there are any Miller employees or someone knowledgable in the Miller line of products, I would appreciate a response. Here is the link to the same product:

http://www.toolsource.com/auto-xlt18...urceid=froogle

Thanks for your help.

Joseph
    Last edited by Torquerolljoe; 05-27-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Clarifying my intentions...

Just to save everybody the time and trouble, read here:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=30407

Quote Originally Posted by MarkII View Post
    Just to save everybody the time and trouble, read here:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=30407

I did not mean to waste peoples time or cause any troubles. I simply just wanted some help from some Miller guru's about my question. Sorry to waste your time or cause troubles.

Joseph
    Last edited by Torquerolljoe; 05-27-2008 at 09:29 PM.

WOW !!!!

You rewrote your whole original post????????? That's an EDIT?????????

As I recall, originally it was pretty much word for word what you wrote over on Hobart ..... And doubt, given the ORIGINAL original post, you were going to get any better answers than you did over there. So,,,,,, rather than anybody wasting time duplicating what you already know,,,,,,

The specs in the link you provided say "7 voltage taps." Maybe it's a rebadged HH187? Either way, the original HH187 is one of the best machines in the class and way cheaper in its original badging.

Buy an HH187 and save some serious money without having the generic label, or spend the same money and get the HH210 with spoolgun, and STILL have money left over.

Thanks for the responses. I bought the HH210 this past weekend for myself. This post was for my friend who owns a tool truck that visits our shop. He did not want to advertise this welder as a Miller if was a rebadged Hobart. What is strange is how this link I have sent in the orignal post also advertises the welder as a Miller.

Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by MarkII View Post
    WOW !!!!

You rewrote your whole original post????????? That's an EDIT?????????

As I recall, originally it was pretty much word for word what you wrote over on Hobart ..... And doubt, given the ORIGINAL original post, you were going to get any better answers than you did over there. So,,,,,, rather than anybody wasting time duplicating what you already know,,,,,,

You are correct. It was a copy word for word. I guess I was a little lazy in starting a new post. Thanks.

Joseph

Default Hobart vs Miller

Hobart is owned by Miller. They are the Toyotas of Lexus. My relatives own a large welding supply company in southern California. Hobart is a good product.
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!