Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

aerin,
    thanks for the info and the plan not to wipe out the men
    again, fantastic job!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default It reminds me.....

That is great work. Please keep us posted as it progresses.

It is reminiscent of an I-MAX movie that I once saw about a sculpture's work, William (Bill) Lishman, "The Last Buffalo" .

Much of this 3-D film was shot in his blacksmith shop, where you watched him work the steel and other metals, with power hammers and all the tools of the trade.

The 3-D effect of molten metal heading straight for my lap was just about too much for me.

To keep the images legal, here is a link to one of the pages of his site.

http://www.williamlishman.com/film.htm

If you track back to his home page you can see many of his other metal sculptures.
    http://www.williamlishman.com/

I skipped a couple of pages of topic posts, and maybe I missed it, but if not, could you ladies relay any info about the tools, welding and otherwise that you find valuable in your project?

Thanks for sharing this with us.
    r90s

P.S.
    I guess I skipped a a page or two too many. So let me say thanks for the serpent mother info, also.
    Thats an enormo-zilla ..... project!
    Last edited by r90s; 07-15-2007 at 05:08 AM. Reason: a ,

Thumbs up cool snake

purity neat snake from what i managed to see of it (*^%@#!!! dial up) too many web sites are getting to huge for us fokes on dial up.
    welcome aboard anyway.
    you cant wipe out all the men, you will never get the cucumber's to take out the trash.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    purity neat snake from what i managed to see of it (*^%@#!!! dial up) too many web sites are getting to huge for us fokes on dial up.
    welcome aboard anyway.
    you cant wipe out all the men, you will never get the cucumber's to take out the trash.
    Hey James,
    I hope my posted images didn't whak your dial-up too badly, but you can see, it would be hard to describe what I was talking about. If broad-band is available in your area it's usually about as cheap as dial-up now.

Oh yes, I sure am glad to hear there won't be any gender-cide!
    Last edited by r90s; 07-15-2007 at 03:50 AM.

r90s,
    I don't think James has an OPTION of getting broadband even if he wanted to!!! Place where I would live on the Big Island of Hawaii, where land is more affordable, is very rural, and I would only have dial-up also...but it's STILL going to be a long while till I would move there, so maybe by then, there will be broadband...
    I'm not late...

Default I feel your pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    r90s,
    I don't think James has an OPTION of getting broadband even if he wanted to!!! Place where I would live on the Big Island of Hawaii, where land is more affordable, is very rural, and I would only have dial-up also...but it's STILL going to be a long while till I would move there, so maybe by then, there will be broadband...
    What I did when I lived in the mountains of Idaho, was to get satellite tv that gave me broadband download capability also, but upload then was still dial-up. It worked pretty well though as most of the load is download.

They sometimes will give you the equipment, if you sign up for a year.

Hopefully my suggestions in the forum are helpful
    Last edited by r90s; 07-15-2007 at 04:20 AM. Reason: wanted to move this: (tv was scarce too)

I was wondering about the satellite tv thing. Hope he'll get this message! If not, I'll redo it tomorrow night
    I'm not late...

Default serpent mother

So it does not give off a lot of heat...That explains why the audience is so close! I love it. Weldress

Weldress,
    'ya gonna add flames to your artwork now?
    maybe at least coming out the nostrils or something???
    I'm not late...

Default Windswept Silhouette

This is a photo of piece of mine called Windswept Silhouette...a life size figure in Corten steel rooted on a piece of granite(91/2 feet to her elbow).
    I have tried making the photo smaller for we who have dial-up.
    Bill Lishman, mentioned earlier in the thread is brilliant at everything he does, and also a very nice guy.
    Years ago he created a huge replica of Stonehenge called 'Autohenge' using wrecked cars standing on end. weldress
    Attached Images Attached Images