Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

yep the flowing thing makes it loook like its out on the plains.
    i still gotta see some more of your work. i can just imagen how the others look and cant wait to show them to the wife.
    the best part about some thing like this is you cant coppy it, you eather can do it or you cant. no book to show you how or what to do. there is no fakeing it. you defenetly have a tallent for it, so show it off some more. hook us up with a link or some more pic's, do you have a web page ???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Moose

Two photos....going down the highway standing up, unlike most moose in hunting season, and, installed in its current spot.....91/2 feet to the top of the rack, 1200 lbs. Corten 1/8th inch plate, Mig welder, one year to build.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default That's somethin else

what did I say earlier in this thread... amazing, simply amazing. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

verry cool.
    looks like a city truck giveing him a lift, did the city buy him or is that your truck ??
    great work.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default The Chestnut Filly

The Corten steel turns the most beautiful colour...It takes a few years to finsih colouring and it does not corrode. I wet her down for the photo.
    I have a friend with a pole-line truck who helps me move and install the work such as the moose and bears and wolves.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice art work... Question about the steel, do you use special wire in your mig welder, and if not, what do you do to keep the weld joints from rusting and deteriorating over time, since apparently Corten steel is made to weather and "grow" it's natural color.."?
    Thanks for sharing..
    Jim

Default Truly gifted

that's all I can say, you are truly gifted. Outstanding works of art. I have a million questions about your art work, but you leave me speechless. Dave

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

whatcha gonna do with that muskox??

Question

Whats corten steel? What is it used for? I showed the guys in the shop your pics and they agreed....awesome!
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Default corten steel

HMW, If I remember correctly corten steel is a high strength brittle steel with the ability to basically form an outer layer or crust (something to do with the alloy contents) when exposed to the elements. The outer layer will weather (rust) with out damaging the inner layers of the material. I believe it's mainly used in marine applications. I could be wrong or misinformed so if anyone knows better, stop me before I make a fool of myself and give the proper info. Dave
    Last edited by dabar39; 06-17-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling