Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Muskox

This piece will take a year to complete...I am a little over halfway through, counting the time it took to create the small version, which you can see beside the big one in the some of the photos. I do a ton of research to prepare, needing to know how the animal moves, and its habits,so that my depiction of it is accurate. I will post photos as I go along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Amazing

Simply amazing is all I can say. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    Simply amazing is all I can say. Dave
    what he said.

Tom

thats going to be spectacular when its finished. i realy like the idea of a small one first. not only dose it give you a referance but when the big one is done and gone off to its new home you will always have the lil one for your own colection to remide you of the great works you have done. its verry obveous you put a lt into your work, it shows. you realy have to get us some pic;s of your other work.
    thats verry inspiering, make me wan to go make one, not that it would look any where as nice i'm shore but it dose look like fun. i hope you injoy it as much as you are good at it,
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thumbs up

didnt see the last coment coming! i dont think u started a storm. i think its cool that some women enjo welding cause the most i find dont want a thing to do with welding period said and done.
    welding...its awsome

You can fabricate better than me and that deserves my respect.

I don't care if you are man or woman.

You are doing a great job.

Keep the pics coming.

Thumbs up Speechless

Wow....you exhibit a level of skill and artistry that leaves me in awe. Truly impressive abilities. I can only dream of being that talented.
    You have my respect and admiration.

Later,

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by weldress View Post
    I am a professional sculptor in welded steel, much enjoying my new Miller MIG.
    I am currently working on a lifesize Muskox. I made a small one first to get all the proportions and pose worked out and now I am building the big one(5 feet at the shoulder) I am using 1/8th inch Corten steel plate, cutting with a plasma cutter. I have met a few women in my field. Maybe there are more out there.

I'll have to agree with "professional sculptor" i dont care who the he11 somebody is , if one has talent to do such work i would say professional.

I too would welcome more pictures of your progress and also other work you have done.

Thumbs up

I would quote everybody else, but too many good ones. Thats fantastic work and have never seen anything quite like it. Very detailed, welcome aboard!

ps: It doesn't matter if your male or female, your work speaks for it self.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Default Weldress

That is so cool, interesting that you are showing the hair/wool flowing in the breeze, very realistic.
    Thanks for posting and looking forward to future pics.
    L*S