Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I use a vertical do-all bandsaw, I got it for about $300 at a machinery sale. IMO, the easiest way to do this stuff, if you need to make a long merge for a y pipe, or collector, it's easy as can be, fast and accurate. I would look into it.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

[QUOTE=killdozerd11;269209]I have the Rage 3 and have cut a lot of 2X2X1/4 and .120 wall with it it works great

Bout i have not done any SS with it[/QUOTE

stainless steel feed and speed rate for cutting is very close to mild steel but keep inmind if you start to see the chips turning blue you are headed for trouble or you can just use a abraisive cut off wheel and not worry about it at all

Wao, Thats great!
    It is very useful to cutting stainless steel pipes.I must used these techniques.I am really impress from you.
    Thanks for sharing this information.....
    Keep it up.....
    Kitchen Edmonton
    Last edited by Magnus2; 08-06-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    Magnus2

Anyone tried converting a dry cut to a cold cut by adding a pump, coolant and tray setup?I used to use a band saw to cut all my stainless stuff, now I use a chop saw. I have been eyeing a dry cut for some time now. I also have plans on converting a portaband to a vertical mini band saw for the smaller stuff.
    http://www.dkGoodrich.com
    EFI Tuning Solutions
    106lb/min 11k RPM 1.8l

I've been using wax on my rage3. I rub the wax stick against the side of the blade to give it a fair coating. As the blade warms up the wax gets slung out to the teeth. Seems to help, but I think liquid coolant would be better. I haven't tried liquid since I don't want to make too big of a mess in the shop.

Dynasty200DX w/coolmate1
    MM210
    MM Vintage
    Lincoln AC225
    Victor O/A, Smith AW1A
    Cutmaster 81
    IR 2475N7.5FP
    Evolution Rage3
    Jancy USA101
    9" South Bend
    AEAD-200LE

Default Cutting stainless steel pipes

I would recommend my friend to either buy a band saw or a cold/dry cut, but I would like to first get a confirmation that it is ok to use Stainless Steel on a cold/dry cut...

Ellis makes a pretty good one for cutting structural steel, ie; tubing, especially thin walled stuff. I usually cut 16 gauge stainless, the blades typically last 2+ months before needing replacement. I picked this one up earlier this year. New, they're $3500+ I guess, I got mine a lot cheaper since it was used. I had thought about getting a wet saw, but there's a lot of cleanup after cutting, plus having coolant all over my garage wasn't something I really wanted to deal with.

This is a genuine procedure that we can implement. There is also one option for cutting a stainless steel using a lathe machine. It is simple and no risk.

Cutting straight tubing on a lathe is fine, but most of what I work with is either thin wall structurals or mandrel bent tube, so that's not really an option.